OGXbox.com

Show Games from G Partition on Dashboard

Gamey

16 minutes ago, Gamey said:

I was installing some games in the G partition, but they aren't showing in the dashboard. I have a Hard-modded Xbox with EvoX (I don't know the bios and dashboard version), and he only lists the games from the F partition.

You may need to enabled G drive in the dashboard. Also current bios version you using may be patched to see only F drive. 

Also, games can't show up if you don't have a correct path in dashboard.

Does file manager recognizes both partitions?

That ^ possibly but equally likely it being an EvoX main dash is that a G:\ path for Games is simply not included in the evox.ini.

The commonly found and used EvoX v3935 dash's default evox.ini only includes E:\ and F:\ paths.

Check the evox.ini under Section "Games"  and the AutoAddItem entries will probably only show those e:\ and f:\ paths. The simple solution is to copy the whole evox.ini, and edit it to include a g:\ path, otherwise using exactly the the same syntax as the other two. Then test it on a copy of your main dash installed as an app just to make sure it works before replacing the actual main dash evox.ini.   

Edited by HDShadow
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Gamey said:

I was installing some games in the G partition, but they aren't showing in the dashboard. I have a Hard-modded Xbox with EvoX (I don't know the bios and dashboard version), and he only lists the games from the F partition.

Edit Evoxdash's evox.ini file to add the G:\Games directory to the path scanned to search for games to be added to the Games menu:

Example Launch Menu section of the [Menu] in evox.ini that scans E, F and G drives for Games and Apps:

Section  "Launch Menu"
	{
 		Section "Games"
		{
			AutoAddItem "e:\games\"
			AutoAddItem "f:\games\"
			AutoAddItem "g:\games\"
			SortAll
		}
		Section "Apps"
		{
			AutoAddItem "e:\apps\"
 			AutoAddItem "f:\apps\"
			AutoAddItem "g:\apps\"
			SortAll
		}
	}

• Like 1

I searched but couldn't find any "evox.ini" file. But while searching, I found a "Config.xml" that was a dashboard config file with all items existing on the screen, including the game list. I found a Game List tag with only one path pointing to the F Partition.

The only thing I did was add new Path tags pointing to the partitions that I wanted and after that, all the games started to appering.

Thank you everyone!

Config.Xml.jpeg

Edited by Gamey
  • Like 2

If you only have a config.xml then you're not using an EvoX dash, you're using UnleashX. But the same advice indeed does apply although it is rare that any version of UnleashX doesn't come with a config.xml that enables G:\ by default.

Looking at the screenshot it is clear that the config.xml is significantly customised so I guess whoever did that neglected to include G:\ paths that's all. 

I think you assumed you were using EvoX because the primary dashboard XBE is "evoxdash.xbe". That is just the adopted standard name for the main dash XBE no matter what dashboard you are actually using.

• Like 1