OGXbox.com

Modded XBoX Applications

PV544

Okl I just finished my modded XBOX.  I am Running XBMC4Gamers.  Currently I have only 3 Apps in my Application folder.  DVD2XBOX, UnleashX and XBMC.  What are some other useful apps I should get.  I am looking for a controller testing app, but I can't find one.  Thanks

You have the main apps: dashboard, media player and DVD ripper. 

DVDX2 - dongle free DVD player.

There are a lot of emus and ports at emuxtras.net:

Final Burn Legends - more emulation
RetroArch - even more emulation
MAMEoXtras - arcade emulation
Homebrew game ports (82 listed) in emuxtras.net's Download section.

Emulator frontends:

CoinOPS 8 (Lite, Gold, MASSIVE, etc)
HyperVISION
Dragon
Premium 8 (MASSIVE, Lite, etc.)
Premium NINJA
many different releases all similar yet different

Others apps include ConfigMagic (EEPROM tool - lock/unlock the HDD not needed for a softmod and should NOT be used if softmodded else you likely will brick the console as the HDD has to be LOCKED) So don't install if the console is softmodded.

XBPartitioner v1.3 - new HDD formatting tool.  Other tools better for installing a new HDD on a softmodded system. Chimp 261812 again only needed if you upgrade the HDD to up to a 2TB SATA HDD/IDE-to-SATA adapter combo.

The Xbox Controller Test app is available here.

You'll have to extract the content from the XISO image inside the archive or burn it to DVD-R media. The files can be copied to HDD to run it.  Not the best copy of it I have/had (HDD died) as this one is doubly archived.  Which I myself loathe people doing -an archive inside an archive. :)

Edited by KaosEngineer

On 12/27/2018 at 7:37 PM, PV544 said:

My XBOX has been hard modded.  I tried burning the controller app to a dvd and I get.  Directory name is invailid.  I also tried to mount it, and it says.  Disc image file is corrupt.

I'll check the file and see if I can get the other one I wanted to post.

Update: Use Qwix to extract/FTP the content of the ISO (XISO) image to the Xbox HDD. 

Also, since the XISO is such a small file, additional filler - dummy files - needs to be added to the disc image before being burned.  The other file I had has about 2GB's of filler so the Xbox's DVD drive will recognize/read the burned disc. (Use DVD-R media)

Update 2: I attached/mounted the extracted

pcn-ctd.iso

without a problem to run the Controller Test Disk off the HDD.

Edited by KaosEngineer