OGXbox.com

Noctua fan speed issues

bobilix

Hi,

I recently updated my Xbox with the Noctua NF-A6X25 FLX fan. The fan works fine, I set it to automatic on XBMC4Gamers settings. But as soon as I start a game from the HDD, I feel the rotation speed drop and it never increases during the game session. Only when I get back from the dash does it start to increase the revs until it reaches the desired temperature. What can I do? I don't think it's normal.

1 hour ago, bobilix said:

Hi,

I recently updated my Xbox with the Noctua NF-A6X25 FLX fan. The fan works fine, I set it to automatic on XBMC4Gamers settings. But as soon as I start a game from the HDD, I feel the rotation speed drop and it never increases during the game session. Only when I get back from the dash does it start to increase the revs until it reaches the desired temperature. What can I do? I don't think it's normal.

If it's a hardmod you need to set the fan speed to 100 in bios.

If it's a softmod you need to go into nkpatcher or whatever rocky5 calls it now and change the fan speed there,  not just in the dash. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Puritan001 said:

If it's a hardmod you need to set the fan speed to 100 in bios.

If it's a softmod you need to go into nkpatcher or whatever rocky5 calls it now and change the fan speed there,  not just in the dash. 

Ok i have an aladdin chip, and cerbios 2.1.0 .  Where can I find the file to edit?

9 hours ago, bobilix said:

Ok i have an aladdin chip, and cerbios 2.1.0 .  Where can I find the file to edit?

It's a file you are to upload to the top-level folder of C drive - C:\cerbios.ini.

It may create one with default values in it if it was not present the first time you booted the console with it after flashing it to your modchip.

• Like 1