OGXbox.com

Xecuter3 - Can't get passed T3CH splash screen

Freddan101

I believe I missed the S in the end of the model when searching. This is the drive that I would like to install, so I think I should be all good with the adapter as long as the Xbox will accept the drive. Is the compatibility something to worry about?

The current/old drive is Seagate 3120025A 120GB 7200RPM ATA 100 3.5 1MB Cache.

The current/old drive is now completely dead so I will not be able to copy any files from it. Is there any other way to create the file structure needed than copy it from an old drive?

Edited by Freddan101

24 minutes ago, Freddan101 said:

I believe I missed the S in the end of the model when searching. This is the drive that I would like to install, so I think I should be all good with the adapter as long as the Xbox will accept the drive. Is the compatibility something to worry about?

The current/old drive is Seagate 3120025A 120GB 7200RPM ATA 100 3.5 1MB Cache.

The current/old drive is now completely dead so I will not be able to copy any files from it. Is there any other way to create the file structure needed than copy it from an old drive?

Ok, that changes things.  An IDE-to-SATA adapter and high-speed IDE cable will be required.  There should not be any compatibility issue with any retail SATA hard drive.  Only hard drives for custom applications with custom firmware that no longer contain the ATA Security feature set would.

The X3 modchip can format the drive and you can FTP the files to the various partitions while running the X3 BIOS's X3CL configuration menu.  It has its own FTP server that allows you to upload and download files to and from the Xbox's hard drive.

FATXPlorer 3.0 Beta can also be used on a Windows 10 / 11 PC to format and read/write data from/to an Xbox formatted (FATX filesystem) hard drive.

• Like 1

Great, I will go ahead and order the adapter and cable. Do I need to add any Xbox original file to the new disk or is the OS stored in the firmware? If the later I guess I just need to transfer the dashboard files and user data.

I did get the DVD Drive to open with a paper clip. No disc in there so that's confirmed at least. Some success! 😊 But while doing that I saw the state of the caps which wasn't a pretty sight. I guess I should start with a recap before doing anything else? I can see "1500" and "6.3V" written on them. Do you think this cap would be a suitable replacement? Are usually all 5 caps of the same model?

IMG_9587.thumb.jpeg.f98644fb5d29a6597e881db7caaba5ab.jpeg

3 hours ago, Freddan101 said:

Do I need to add any Xbox original file to the new disk or is the OS stored in the firmware?

The OS / kernel is in the BIOS stored on the modchip.  The dashboard it loads to operate the console is stored on the hard drive.

You don't have to have the original files from the hard drive.  However, you do need to install at least a replacement dashboard's XBE file on the hard drive at one of the locations set in the BIOS's boot order list.

You can find the boot drive letter and boot order list in the X3 Config Live menu at the following location:

X3 Config Live > Customize X3 BIOS page's Dashboard Boot Drive = <drive letter: C, E, F, or G> entry, the Dashboard Boot Priority and Dashboard Filenames submenu pages.

If you need the stock Xbox dashboard for Insignia (Xbox Live) configuration, soundtrack (ripping CD music files to the hard drive) management or game save management; its file set needs to be uploaded/written to the top-level folder of the C drive.

• Like 1