OGXbox.com

what's the best mod chip to get at the best price now?

bulkchart32

• 1 month later...

Hi, newbie to the forums here. I ordered the OpenXenium from ebay for just around £25 - I thought that was relatively good value. I needed the startech adapter and cable though which added another £15 to it haha.
The OX isnt here yet so I've only recapped my xbox for now, and waiting (im)patiently for the rest to arrive so I can install.

It's pretty subjective and personal preference. The older xecuter Chips allowed for multiple bios to be stored on the same chip which enables you to boot into modded dash, ms dash, flashbios, xblast, etc. If you just want one bios, then any chip aside, from the newer Aladdins would work I believe. Unless you own an external flasher, in which case the alladin is just fine. That all being said, the older xecuters are expensive and getting harder to find. The open Xenium Chips are fairly new and open source so anyone can build them or order from a site, pre-built. Hope this helps a little at least. 

• Like 1