OGXbox.com

how do i revert back to the previous version of xbmc4gamers?

bulkchart32

While running a different replacement dashboard. Delete the new XBMC4Gamers files and install/upload the files extracted from an older versions zip archive. Edit2: I don't know if Rocky5 keeps all of the older prebuilt ZIP files archived to download one of them.

Edit1: You may need to delete the UDATA and TDATA folders for the application too.  Just in case the format of the content stored in them has changed between releases:

• E:\UDATA\09999990 and possibly E:\TDATA\09999990

11 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

While running a different replacement dashboard. Delete the new XBMC4Gamers files and install/upload the files extracted from an older versions zip archive. Edit2: I don't know if Rocky5 keeps all of the older prebuilt ZIP files archived to download one of them.

Edit1: You may need to delete the UDATA and TDATA folders for the application too.  Just in case the format of the content stored in them has changed between releases:

• E:\UDATA\09999990 and possibly E:\TDATA\09999990

would there happen to be a copy of the last buil somewhere around here?

Here's a link to the 11/25/2022 build. (Edit 2: Not the build date but the date I extracted the XBMC4Gamers.zip file TruHexen2020. :) )  Wrong file info, I do have one from TruHexen2020 but that's not the one with the link below.  It is 11/21/2022 for the default.xbe file and other folders inside are dated 11/17/2022.

The latest 1.4.002 build is dated 12/4/2022 (MM/DD/YEAR).

https://www.mediafire.com/file/fpuuyjuimt4g45o/XBMC4Gamers.zip/file

Edit: Wait, the files inside the linked ZIP archive are dated 11/21/2022.  I don't believe XBMC4Gamers tells you anywhere what revision it is. :( 

If this one's not old enough, I should have others on a different computer that I need to get working again.

Edit 3:  Maybe, I need to find a newer ZIP archive.  No older, I'm getting confused now.  These ZIP archives need to have the revision number in their filename, not just the app's name - XBMC4Gamers.zip.

2 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Here's a link to the 11/25/2022 build. (Edit 2: Not the build date but the date I extracted the XBMC4Gamers.zip file TruHexen2020. :) )  Wrong file info, I do have one from TruHexen2020 but that's not the one with the link below.  It is 11/21/2022 for the default.xbe file and other folders inside are dated 11/17/2022.

The latest 1.4.002 build is dated 12/4/2022 (MM/DD/YEAR).

https://www.mediafire.com/file/fpuuyjuimt4g45o/XBMC4Gamers.zip/file

Edit: Wait, the files inside the linked ZIP archive are dated 11/21/2022.  I don't believe XBMC4Gamers tells you anywhere what revision it is. :( 

If this one's not old enough, I should have others on a different computer that I need to get working again.

Edit 3:  Maybe, I need to find a newer ZIP archive.  No older, I'm getting confused now.  These ZIP archives need to have the revision number in their filename, not just the app's name - XBMC4Gamers.zip.

i switched to another dashboard and then used filezilla to delete xbmc4gamers from the apps folder on E drive. i then tried to ftp over another version of xbmc4gamers that i found on my pc. several of the files kept failing to transfer but it appeared to have the important ones so i rebooted the xbox to see what it would do. it now boots to the stock MS dashboard. what's going on and what should i do? i have an open xenuim mod chip with another bios on it that opens another dashboard. so getting it to boot into a modded dash should not be a problem but what do i do once i get it booted and get the ftp client connected again?

23 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

What did you do to do this step?

If the modified BIOS does not find any of the XBE files listed in its boot order list, the stock dashboard will be executed.

i just went to the file manager and clicked the .xbe of another dashboard. i think it was evo but don't remember 100% sure. i 1st tried unleashX but the filezilla kept saying the server(my xbox) wouldn't let it connect. i have the modified bios set to open the .xbe in xbmc4gamers. i deleted the old xbmc4gamers folder and ftp'd over the other one to the same spot. i checked and it did appear to have a .xbe in it even though filezilla said it failed to transfer.

update: i booted with cerbios into unleashX. filezilla is still still refusing to connect unleashX. what in the world is going on here? it's never done this before. i did get a new netgear blackhawk router since the last time i remember trying to ftp anything. could that be part of it?

Edited by bulkchart32

5 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Check the Network Settings for UnleashX.  Each replacement dashboard has its own Network configuration settings.  They can be set to use either static (manually assigned values) or a DHCP server.

it's set for static. i also tried avalanch and it wouldn't connect either. this is weird.