OGXbox.com

SID 5.12 virtual disc (xiso)?

prtscn

All you should have to do is have the attach.xbe app edited / created for the XISO file you want to use it with.  The XISO to HDD Installer script and its support modules that are pre-installed in XBMC4Gamers should create such a default.xbe (attach app) for you and move the dot iso file into a unique subfolder of the Games directory when you run the script.

3 hours ago, prtscn said:

Rocky5 softmod don't have working virtual eeprom

I think it does; however, by default, it is disabled edit: oops, always enabled without an NKPatcher Settings menu option to disable it.

It can be disabled by creating an empty file named eeprom_off.bin, upload it to E:\NKP11\, then reboot. 

Scratch that the readme.txt for NKPatcher source code was not been modified to show the real path that the Xbox Softmodding Tool uses:

• '\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2\nkpatcher\configs\EEPROM_off.bin' 

which is equal to

• C:\nkpatcher\configs\eeprom_off.bin

Note: file and folder names on the Xbox's FATX filesystem are not case sensitive.

However, you need to upload the file to the realC drive, not the shadowC drive.

Run NKPatcher Settings before you upload the file to the Xbox.  While NKPatcher Settings is running, FTPing to the console has access to the realC drive, not the shadowC drive.  You will see a directory named Do no touch anything in here when you are accessing the realC drive's content.

18 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

All you should have to do is have the attach.xbe app edited / created for the XISO file you want to use it with.  The XISO to HDD Installer script and its support modules that are pre-installed in XBMC4Gamers should create such a default.xbe (attach app) for you and move the dot iso file into a unique subfolder of the Games directory when you run the script.

i used this script, super neat. tried SID 6 just to make sure, but it just restarts to dashboard. And with rocky5, when using older version with virtual eeprom, enighmah settings restart to original xbox's region after rebooting.

with rocky5 softmod same xiso folder works fine.

6 hours ago, prtscn said:

And with rocky5, when using older version with virtual eeprom, enighmah settings restart to original xbox's region after rebooting.

I edited my previous post a lot after first posting it. 

Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool does have virtual EEPROM enabled; therefore, the reason EnigmaH Video Switched doesn't change the video mode.  The Xbox Softmodding Tool's virtual EEPROM can be disabled as documented above in my edited post.

You don' t need to do so ...

The Xbox Softmodding Tool's NKPatcher Settings application does have a menu option to set PAL or NTSC mode. (Using it saves the settings to the motherboard's configuration EEPROM.)

2. EEPROM
2.1 Advanced Features
2.1.4 Video Region

• Set Video to NTSC:
    This option will allow you to change your Xbox video region to NTSC, so you can get those lovely HD resolutions. ( using a component cable )
  • Set Video to PAL:
    This option will allow you to change your Xbox video region to PAL, so you can play some of the PAL exclusive games that don't work when set to NTSC.

8 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

I edited my previous post a lot after first posting it. 

Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool does have virtual EEPROM enabled; therefore, the reason EnigmaH Video Switched doesn't change the video mode.  The Xbox Softmodding Tool's virtual EEPROM can be disabled as documented above in my edited post.

You don' t need to do so ...

The Xbox Softmodding Tool's NKPatcher Settings application does have a menu option to set PAL or NTSC mode. (Using it saves the settings to the motherboard's configuration EEPROM.)

2. EEPROM
2.1 Advanced Features
2.1.4 Video Region

• Set Video to NTSC:
    This option will allow you to change your Xbox video region to NTSC, so you can get those lovely HD resolutions. ( using a component cable )
  • Set Video to PAL:
    This option will allow you to change your Xbox video region to PAL, so you can play some of the PAL exclusive games that don't work when set to NTSC.

If i change video region in nkpatcher, i get NTSC boot sequence. And when i change with enighma i get the same. softmod 1.1.9

Can't get PAL boot sequence, and NTSC video mode after booting.

https://github.com/Rocky5/Xbox-Softmodding-Tool/blob/master/Changes.txt

Edited by prtscn

23 minutes ago, prtscn said:

If i change video region in nkpatcher, i get NTSC boot sequence. And when i change with enighma i get the same. softmod 1.1.9

I was using the 1.1.8 build.  I had not even noticed that Rocky5 had updated the build to 1.1.9.

24 minutes ago, prtscn said:

Can't get PAL boot sequence, and NTSC video mode after booting.

What's the PAL boot sequence.  Isn't it the same as the NTSC boot sequence but displayed with PAL video signalling instead of NTSC?

4 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

I was using the 1.1.8 build.  I had not even noticed that Rocky5 had updated the build to 1.1.9.

What's the PAL boot sequence.  Isn't it the same as the NTSC boot sequence but displayed with PAL video signalling instead of NTSC?

I like PAL signaling because it looks better, not washed out when using NTSC. This is what i meant, video formats.

• 2 weeks later...

if i make my own NKpatcher from rocky5 source files, can i simply replace default.xbe (i think it is nkpatcher file), from for example vcon.zip (virtual c on). Do i need to replace installer in root of softmod folder ('UDATA\21585554\000000000000\000000') with custom nkpatcher installer.

Because after reading nkpatcher source config files, i concluded that virtual disk support is disabled and i could also disable xbox live block.

If you want PAL video output set your Xbox to PAL 60. You won’t get the HD resolutions ir 480p (but PAL 60 should be 480p)

Also virtual eeprom was removed as it caused issues with the XBLArcade installer and since XBL is back I made the decision to remove it completely. As it causes more issues than it’s worth even if it’s disabled it seems 😂

Also you’re the first person I know that wants to use it 😂.

You could use v1.1.8 if you can get a hold of it, or download the source on the correct revision for v1.1.8 and build it yourself.

side note: if you boot original discs it would always be in PAL since those bypass the softmod process. (Cold boot) also the boot animations last like 15 second 🤷‍♂️ and you see it once every time you turn the Xbox on. So unless you’re watching the flubber over and over I don’t get it 🙈

Edited by Rocky5
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Rocky5 said:

If you want PAL video output set your Xbox to PAL 60. You won’t get the HD resolutions ir 480p (but PAL 60 should be 480p)

Also virtual eeprom was removed as it caused issues with the XBLArcade installer and since XBL is back I made the decision to remove it completely. As it causes more issues than it’s worth even if it’s disabled it seems 😂

Also you’re the first person I know that wants to use it 😂.

You could use v1.1.8 if you can get a hold of it, or download the source on the correct revision for v1.1.8 and build it yourself.

side note: if you boot original discs it would always be in PAL since those bypass the softmod process. (Cold boot) also the boot animations last like 15 second 🤷‍♂️ and you see it once every time you turn the Xbox on. So unless you’re watching the flubber over and over I don’t get it 🙈

I think you have write operations disabled to eeprom. ";%define DISABLE_VIRTUAL_EEPROM_WRITE". Because after full restart it resets to PAL when using enigmah. And from my memory nkpatcher changes settings to xbox eeprom, not virtual.

Also, if system don't have virtual eeprom, changes made to eeprom are writen to xbox itself, if you have a hdd failure you are in big trouble, since xbox is set to NTSC for example. And the only way to recover is to have pc and inject sofmodded files, because softmod games are region specific.

Could i simply add options to runtime config, like adding virtaul disk support.

Also you could add full or soft reset option. After doing research is a huge work, but i think a great suggestion.

What I want, PAL boot screen before virtual eeprom kicks in. Also it's a safeguard for hdd failures.

THANKS for your work! :)

Please inspect if my settings are correct in nkpatcher config.inc file.

Virtaul C drive. On current softmod real C drive appears as letter R when FTP. In config, default value for real C partition is 14, not sure if i leave it as is. And if i have to replace paths from C to R partition.

Not sure if i have to make game region to AUTO, default value is disabled.

My goals: Virtaul C and EEPROM, live block disabled, virtual disk enabled.

config.inc

On 12/24/2022 at 12:08 PM, prtscn said:

I think you have write operations disabled to eeprom. ";%define DISABLE_VIRTUAL_EEPROM_WRITE". Because after full restart it resets to PAL when using enigmah. And from my memory nkpatcher changes settings to xbox eeprom, not virtual.

Also, if system don't have virtual eeprom, changes made to eeprom are writen to xbox itself, if you have a hdd failure you are in big trouble, since xbox is set to NTSC for example. And the only way to recover is to have pc and inject sofmodded files, because softmod games are region specific.

Could i simply add options to runtime config, like adding virtaul disk support.

Also you could add full or soft reset option. After doing research is a huge work, but i think a great suggestion.

What I want, PAL boot screen before virtual eeprom kicks in. Also it's a safeguard for hdd failures.

THANKS for your work! :)

The video region has nothing to do with the xbe region. So when you switch to NTSC it’s not the game region you’re changing but only the video signal region. (So discs from your region will still work fine)

Also like I said, virtual eeprom was removed because it causes issues with software & isn’t required in this day and age. 

if you don’t want the washed out 480i single force 480p in the softmod and that will fix your washed out video issue for games that only support 480i.

• Like 1