OGXbox.com

Help with FATXplorer for the OG Xbox

willis

On 12/14/2022 at 5:01 AM, amak79 said:

I will try that method the next time I need to unlock a drive. I followed the advice from the FATXplorer Beta 21 announcement under the "Locked Device Observations" section.

When I looked at that announcement link you provided, I got to looking at the section for direct SATA connection and USB connection. Turns out the usb device I was using probably isn't supported so that is ultimately the issue. I was able to plug it in directly to my pc and it seems to be working fine.

Thank you everyone for helping me through this and understanding how FATXplorer works!

Edited by willis

22 hours ago, willis said:

That was the option I did when I took those pics so something still isn't right. I greatly appreciate all the help with this, thank you!
I hope I can get it sorted out soon

Run the standalone Windows GUI application usbview.exe to find the adapter's idVendor and idProduct values.  The option to use for SmartMonTools may be different than SAT.

usbview.exe

Post the values it displays for your adapter.

Edit: Added link to VirusTotal report for usbview.exe.  It is not a virus:

VirusTotal - File - 5d6ac13598e825d92d872601cb46f0baa9e0f171e38fe14fe1248a1ff366c289

No security vendors and no sandboxes flagged this file as malicious

SHA-256 hash: 5d6ac13598e825d92d872601cb46f0baa9e0f171e38fe14fe1248a1ff366c289

Filename: USBVIEW.EXE

Site: 82.82 KB