OGXbox.com

Orange light after trying to install Rocky5

xboxuser

Hello,

History of the error 📑
I got a modded Xbox as a gift, but I know almost nothing about the Xbox. I think it has a hard mod. When I started the Xbox it said "Xecuter2" under the Xbox logo and then the menu opened where you could start/select/delete the installed games. But I didn't manage to install games via FTP. Therefore I tried to install the Rocky5 softmod with Splinter Cell. When the soft mod was installed, the Xbox restarted, but only a black screen was displayed and the LED around the eject button is solid orange-yellow. When I restart the Xbox, it also only shows a black screen and the LED is solid orange-yellow. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything about my problem on the internet. I am glad if you can help me. If more photos or a video helps, I'll post them.

My questions ❓

• Is it correct that the Xbox has a hardmod?
  • What hardmod exactly does the Xbox have?
  • What options do I have to get the Xbox working again?

703797385_xboxsmall.thumb.jpg.26fb6f805285aba9dacf50e81d2f0003.jpg

There was no reason to softmod since you have a modchip installed. And that is the reason you get stuck on boot. The Softmod and hardmod didn't play well together.

Download a installer dvd like OGXBox Installer, TruHexen ect. and cold boot the installer and set up your HDD again with it. 

After that your XBox should boot up just fine. 

And the chip you see is a LPC-Mod / Cheap-Mod. It's flashable with XBlastOS/EvoX. It's a 256kb flash chip. Your XBox is a 1.2 or 1.3 (Conexant video encoder and 256kb ST TSOP). 

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply sweetdarkdestiny,

Is it right that a cold boot is simply a boot with a boot DVD inserted? I tried it with "OGXBox Installer 2021 - v1.5.4" and "TruHeXEn 2021" but I think I made a mistake in creating the boot DVD. Because the Xbox behaves as if there is no DVD inserted. But when I insert an original Xbox game, it loads the game and I can play the game normally.

How i created the boot dvd
To burn the "OGXBox Installer" to the DVD I right clicked on the .iso file and pressed "burn disc image". Is this correct?

DVDs used
The DVDs I used are "4.7 GB DVD+R" and it also says "RW" on the DVD. Do you know if this DVD is basically okay or do I have to use a DVD-R (minus instead of plus) for it?

spacer.png

I personally use Verbertim DVD-R. Only the Samsung 605B seems to have some problems ( https://consolemods.org/wiki/Xbox:DVDROM ).

And like coldasijs wrote, use ImageBurn and burn the iso slow as possible. I use 4x speed and never had a problem but if you can burn it 1x speed you are more or less on the save side.

Cold boot means you put the dvd in your drive an power the xbox off and then back on with the dvd already in your drive.

And when using the OGXBox Installer it provides the option to just setup C+E so you can keep the games you already have on F/G.

• Like 2

Thanks for your replys @coldasijs and @sweetdarkdestiny 😀

I tried it again with one of the DVD+R DVDs I already have and ImgBurn 1x speed, but unfortunately that didn't work. I'll buy some Verbertim DVD-R in the next few days and try it again.

I also checked which DVD drive is in the Xbox. It is unfortunately a Smasung SDG-605 Ver. B. Nevertheless, I hope it works with a DVD-R . I will definitely post here again when I have the DVD-R and have tried a new installation.

• Like 1

Samsung 605B ones are the most compatible, its the F version that has more disc media compatibility issues. That's generally agreed I believe and certainly what my testing results with two Samsung 605B and two 605F suggested too.

But in the case of DVD+R the oddity is that whilst the 605F does not like any CD media (inconsistent results with CD-RW) they were both OK with DVD+R. Again there was some inconsistency in the results of the multiple burn tests I did but It was indeed the 605B pair that more often than not rejected anything I burned using the two brands of DVD+R I tested.

So there is a good chance the problem is that and not a failing DVD drive. DVD-R should work fingers crossed. :)

23 hours ago, xboxuser said:

My questions ❓

• Is it correct that the Xbox has a hardmod?
  • What hardmod exactly does the Xbox have?
  • What options do I have to get the Xbox working again?

A1: Yes. 

A2: A cheap-mod design modchip.

A3: Remove the softmod files from the C drive.

Why did you think you needed to softmod an already hardmodded Xbox?

• 1 month later...