OGXbox.com

XboxOverclock via .xbe file only.

Richard B. Riddick

2 hours ago, hastings298 said:

Would this overclocking stick through launching anything though? Like emulators or whatever?

Maybe. Just depends. I had some success testing between dashboards and a couple apps, but I didn't test much more than that; mostly just to see if it actually worked or not. I'm not sure IGR will work. You'd need to overclock the traditional way if you wanted more "stick".

Edited by Natetronn

Anyone got any ideas as to *what* we could playtest to see any noticeable differences? I've been playing through a couple of Final Burn Legends games, CPU heavy shmups with a lot going on onscreen where slowdown is a thing, but I'd love to hear others' ideas on this. PS1 emulation, N64 emulation, that kind of stuff comes to mind in terms of slowdown generally.

1 hour ago, Natetronn said:

I contacted admins to fix a typo in my initial post, should be 272 NVCLK (not 172), so:

152 FSB = 150Mhz
272 NVCLK = 825Mhz

~824HMz is what it reads in XMBC4Gamers when all said and done on the 1.6 I tested on, but ymmv.

Previous posts have been updated to show 272 instead of 172 for the value of NVCLK.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2022 at 12:54 PM, Richard B. Riddick said:

Has anyone managed to build .xbe from link below and could share it here?

https://github.com/GXTX/XboxOverclock

This new method allow you to OC your xbox without patching the BIOS.

does this actually still work after launching a xbox game? plenty of them have frame drops and i have been wanting to oc for a while.

3 hours ago, bulkchart32 said:

does this actually still work after launching a xbox game? plenty of them have frame drops and i have been wanting to oc for a while.

I wrote this in my 2nd post.

On 12/12/2022 at 12:30 PM, Richard B. Riddick said:

What I like the most is that you can OC when you really need it and any time (emulators, some heavy homebrew games) For example, there are reatail games that do not work properly when you made OC. No problem, just reset the console and you are default. Just Perfect 😍

ooh yeah this is really nice, I have a 1.4 Ghz xbox that I need to downclock for certain games. This is much easier if I just need to run this app then to have multiple bios prepared. Only problem is that the tool is limited to 100 MHz FSB sadly. The code is not too complicated, just need to change the FSB limit to 60.

• 7 months later...
15 hours ago, hastings298 said:

Looks like a couple quality of life improvements right? Or am I missing anything. Maybe that NVCLK overclocking thing is new, I'm not sure what is new about this release other than a few UI updates.

Holy SHIT. It was done. This will make it a LOT easier and faster to test the upper limits of your CPU and GPU, although it would be godly if it included the memory splitting.