OGXbox.com

Prototype HL2EP1 For Xbox

Felipe_Desenvolver

Oh nice. I see still issues with the 720p patch. Hopefully you get the compressor working so we can see it in game. I'm worried about memory issues with the maps on the xbox, I know they had to cut up the original HL2 campaign into smaller sections and add load screens.

31 minutes ago, dust08 said:

Oh legal. Ainda vejo problemas com o patch 720p. Espero que você faça o compressor funcionar para que possamos vê-lo no jogo. Estou preocupado com problemas de memória com os mapas no xbox, sei que eles tiveram que cortar a campanha HL2 original em seções menores e adicionar telas de carregamento.

Yes True, That Damn Xbox RAM Is Its Biggest Problem

I'm going to have to compress all the textures so that it runs better, When the game has some maps running after I have the compressor, I'll post more videos

Edited by Felipe_Desenvolver

I don't know much about HL2 modding but I assume there are tools for custom maps and scripting? You may have to cut up the maps yourself, add load screens between, and do some custom scripting. I'm guessing it won't be as easy as just drag and dropping. I wish you the best of luck. Do you have a 128mb xbox?  That would probably make things much easier to get working to prove the concept and then starting cutting it down, could also run devkit bios.

35 minutes ago, dust08 said:

Oh legal. Ainda vejo problemas com o patch 720p. Espero que você faça o compressor funcionar para que possamos vê-lo no jogo. Estou preocupado com problemas de memória com os mapas no xbox, sei que eles tiveram que cortar a campanha HL2 original em seções menores e adicionar telas de carregamento.

but tell me what you think of the result? it's getting good? I hope to have this compressor soon, so I'm just happy the next problem will be converting the textures from .VTF to .XTF but that's what I have to improvise, the important thing is to compress the .XZP

4 minutes ago, dust08 said:

Não sei muito sobre modding HL2, mas presumo que existam ferramentas para mapas e scripts personalizados. Você pode ter que cortar os mapas sozinho, adicionar telas de carregamento entre eles e fazer alguns scripts personalizados. Eu estou supondo que não será tão fácil quanto apenas arrastar e soltar. Te desejo muita sorte. Você tem um xbox de 128mb? Isso provavelmente tornaria as coisas muito mais fáceis de trabalhar para provar o conceito e, em seguida, começar a cortá-lo, também poderia executar bios devkit.

So, my Xbox is 1.6 and for now here in Brazil I don't have much confidence in asking someone to do the RAM process, so I continue with the 64MBs, I hope that when I leave Widescreen it will still run with a standard video game and not just need of a 128MB

So far All I see are menus working with the 4 screen 720p patch issue. I'm sure your project is possible but will take a lot of work and knowledge, likely some reverse engineering.  If you are able to get it in game showing episode 1 playing on the xbox that would clear up most of the skepticism you have been receiving.

EDIT: just saw your other reply. If you can run the xbox emulator on your pc I think it's able to simulate 128mb of ram. I would definitely recommend dropping the 720p and sticking to 480p for now as I'm sure that wouldn't help with memory. You could try working on 720p again later once it's proved that you can launch Ep 1.

Edited by dust08

5 minutes ago, dust08 said:

Até agora, tudo o que vejo são menus funcionando com o problema do patch de 4 telas 720p. Tenho certeza de que seu projeto é possível, mas exigirá muito trabalho e conhecimento, provavelmente alguma engenharia reversa. Se você conseguir obtê-lo no jogo mostrando o episódio 1 jogando no xbox, isso esclareceria a maior parte do ceticismo que você tem recebido.

Yes indeed, it is possible because Valve itself was going to officially port it but canceled it because the device was already old at the time😢😢... but I will insist until I get it because I know that this is possible but it will give me a lot of work to optimize the game Before, I didn't even have much faith that this would work, but after so many changes that I've already made, I'm sure it will

11 minutes ago, dust08 said:

Até agora, tudo o que vejo são menus funcionando com o problema do patch de 4 telas 720p. Tenho certeza de que seu projeto é possível, mas exigirá muito trabalho e conhecimento, provavelmente alguma engenharia reversa. Se você conseguir obtê-lo no jogo mostrando o episódio 1 jogando no xbox, isso esclareceria a maior parte do ceticismo que você tem recebido.

EDIT: acabei de ver sua outra resposta. Se você conseguir rodar o emulador de xbox no seu pc acho que é capaz de simular 128mb de ram. Definitivamente, eu recomendaria abandonar o 720p e manter o 480p por enquanto, pois tenho certeza de que isso não ajudaria com a memória. Você pode tentar trabalhar em 720p novamente mais tarde, uma vez que tenha provado que pode iniciar o Ep 1.

Good idea, I'll run it normally for the time being, then I'll see the 720p.....but as you said the screen is resized to 720x720 if I stretch it in OGXHD will it continue with that resolution or will it change?

34 minutes ago, dust08 said:

So far All I see are menus working with the 4 screen 720p patch issue. I'm sure your project is possible but will take a lot of work and knowledge, likely some reverse engineering.  If you are able to get it in game showing episode 1 playing on the xbox that would clear up most of the skepticism you have been receiving.

EDIT: just saw your other reply. If you can run the xbox emulator on your pc I think it's able to simulate 128mb of ram. I would definitely recommend dropping the 720p and sticking to 480p for now as I'm sure that wouldn't help with memory. You could try working on 720p again later once it's proved that you can launch Ep 1.

I also have the option of not going through the XZP and just a normal ZIP but that is much more difficult because it requires me to put all the codes of a ZIP file inside the XBE by Hexadecimal and then I would have to reprogram all the tracks where executable commands would tell the game to do

Will there be a 480i-480p release of the game collection? Most 720p mods are pretty laggy and I usually play on my Sanyo picture tube or Intec portable screen when am going places. Most displays I have don't have both component and HD resolutions so I don't want to stick to the only component flat panel I have in the house which is a Vizio mounted high up to the wall. Thanks for creating this project because I always wondered if I will ever see other Valve Source games on the XBOX and you are doing much more than that, porting most of the Orange Box catalog and trying to make it work under 64mb. The homebrew developer for Half-Life for XBOX tried to do almost succeeded (the only 64mb port I can find has missing textures). As a Source and XBOX fan, am fully on board with your project and hope it gets reviewed by MVG one day once it's finished.

2 hours ago, Nate2905 said:

Haverá uma versão 480i-480p da coleção de jogos? A maioria dos mods 720p são bastante lentos e eu geralmente jogo no meu tubo de imagem Sanyo ou na tela portátil da Intec quando estou indo a algum lugar. A maioria dos monitores que tenho não tem resolução componente e HD, então não quero me ater ao único painel plano componente que tenho em casa, que é um Vizio montado no alto da parede. Obrigado por criar este projeto, porque sempre me perguntei se algum dia veria outros jogos Valve Source no XBOX e você está fazendo muito mais do que isso, portando a maior parte do catálogo Orange Box e tentando fazê-lo funcionar abaixo de 64 MB. O desenvolvedor do homebrew do Half-Life para XBOX quase conseguiu (a única porta de 64 MB que encontrei não tem texturas). Como fã do Source e do XBOX, estou totalmente de acordo com o seu projeto e espero que seja revisado pelo MVG um dia assim que for lançado.

Thank you brother for the support!!! Thank you very much, yes the port supports 480i-480p automatically when you turn on the Xbox in AV it will already drop with the 480p signal👍👍

2 hours ago, Nate2905 said:

Haverá uma versão 480i-480p da coleção de jogos? A maioria dos mods 720p são bastante lentos e eu geralmente jogo no meu tubo de imagem Sanyo ou na tela portátil da Intec quando estou indo a algum lugar. A maioria dos monitores que tenho não tem resolução componente e HD, então não quero me ater ao único painel plano componente que tenho em casa, que é um Vizio montado no alto da parede. Obrigado por criar este projeto, porque sempre me perguntei se algum dia veria outros jogos Valve Source no XBOX e você está fazendo muito mais do que isso, portando a maior parte do catálogo Orange Box e tentando fazê-lo funcionar abaixo de 64 MB. O desenvolvedor do homebrew do Half-Life para XBOX quase conseguiu (a única porta de 64 MB que encontrei não tem texturas). Como fã do Source e do XBOX, estou totalmente de acordo com o seu projeto e espero que seja revisado pelo MVG um dia assim que for lançado.

I'm sad that unfortunately the author of this port never finished it😭, I've always wanted to play Half-Life 1 on Xbox but that's only possible with 128mb

3 minutes ago, Felipe_Desenvolver said:

Thank you brother for the support!!! Thank you very much, yes the port supports 480i-480p automatically when you turn on the Xbox in AV it will already drop with the 480p signal👍👍

I use component for my Sanyo picture tube but the TV only supports up to 480i. Any way to force the resolution to 480i through a settings file?

6 minutos atrás, Nate2905 disse:

Eu uso componente para o meu tubo de imagem Sanyo, mas a TV só suporta até 480i. Alguma maneira de forçar a resolução para 480i por meio de um arquivo de configurações?

Bom acredito que se desligar todas as opções de imagem do Xbox vai deixar a imagem em 480i

images (1).jpeg

Edited by Felipe_Desenvolver

Just now, Felipe_Desenvolver said:

Well I believe that if you turn off all the Xbox image options it will leave the image at 480i

images.jpeg

Some Dashboards that detect component automatically force 720p so I have to connect my Vizio flat panel to switch it to 480i. The Microsoft dashboard usually doesn't really effect it. I will see if this causes me issues once a playable demo comes out.

6 minutes ago, Felipe_Desenvolver said:

Bom acredito que se desligar todas as opções de imagem do Xbox vai deixar a imagem em 480i

imagens (1).jpeg

I did this to play some games on my Xbox 1.6 that were defective like Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio Future etc, Today I know that there is a 480p script for Xbmc4Gamers from Rocky5, but in your case as it is 480i you have to turn off all image options for xbox down to 480i

3 minutes ago, Nate2905 said:

Alguns painéis que detectam componentes automaticamente forçam 720p, então tenho que conectar meu painel plano Vizio para alterá-lo para 480i. O painel da Microsoft geralmente não afeta isso. Vou ver se isso me causa problemas assim que uma demo jogável for lançada.

Ok, If everything works out soon we will have this port completed!!