OGXbox.com

OGX Makemhz Bios Not recognized

topik

Hi everyone,

i'm workin on my xbox to install MakeMhz Hdmi.

I have 2 questions for you:

1st 

I've flashed my Bios with M8.CEC.FG.evoxdash.512 and M8.CEC.FG.UX.512 (the prepatched EvoX m8+ Bioses for makemhz)

as You can see ,using evox dash they both giving me "Bios Unknow" , is that normal ? 

also when i load them in evtool they cannot be edited (unsupported kernel..)

2nd 

i have a 2tb disk with 2 900 gb partitions , if i will decide to edit m8 untouched bios ,  which is the right choice to  choose for the LBA48 support and partition table ?

thanks !!

photo_2022-12-04_22-52-25.jpg

6 hours ago, topik said:

as You can see ,using evox dash they both giving me "Bios Unknow" , is that normal ? 

Yes, the user has to add the MD5 hash for every custom BIOS they create for it to be identified by the dashboard.

6 hours ago, topik said:

also when i load them in evtool they cannot be edited (unsupported kernel..)

Also, true, I recall there being a patched version of EVTool that doesn't do the kernel check that the standard version does so it can edit custom patched versions of Evox M8 and M8plus.

Where it's at ???. 

I believe you need to make any settings changes to the BIOS before you add the HD+ patch.

6 hours ago, topik said:

2nd 

i have a 2tb disk with 2 900 gb partitions , if i will decide to edit m8 untouched bios ,  which is the right choice to  choose for the LBA48 support and partition table ?

Doesn't matter.  The only thing that's required is that EVTool adds the LBA48 v3 patch to the BIOS when saved.  Don't check the box "Ignore Hard Drive Partition Table".

If present in sector 0 of the hard drive, a partition table written by XBPartition v1.3 and FATXPlorer 3.0 Beta overrides the default LBA48 setting selected in EVTool's settings.

5 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Yes, the user has to add the MD5 hash for every custom BIOS they create for it to be identified by the dashboard.

Also, true, I recall there being a patched version of EVTool that doesn't do the kernel check that the standard version does so it can edit custom patched versions of Evox M8 and M8plus.

Where it's at ???. 

I believe you need to make any settings changes to the BIOS before you add the HD+ patch.

I downloaded to Partition C the untouched M8+ bios , will edit and patch it by myself

Doesn't matter.  The only thing that's required is that EVTool adds the LBA48 v3 patch to the BIOS when saved.  Don't check the box "Ignore Hard Drive Partition Table".

If present in sector 0 of the hard drive, a partition table written by XBPartition v1.3 and FATXPlorer 3.0 Beta overrides the default LBA48 setting selected in EVTool's settings.

Clear ! 

Thank you very much for your reply, 

will go on with the work!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2022 at 5:24 AM, KaosEngineer said:

Hi , sorry it takes a while for me to go on...just a few question still related to XboxHdmi bios and software installation:

>>Also, true, I recall there being a patched version of EVTool that doesn't do the kernel check that the standard version does so it can edit custom patched versions of Evox M8 and M8plus.

I'm using the latest version of evtools , but it could be useful to find it.. 

>>I believe you need to make any settings changes to the BIOS before you add the HD+ patch.

That's what i'm doing: starting from untouched Bios (m8plus.bin) i applied some changes ,then saved and applied correct patch.

After that when i reloaded file into evtool it cannot be edited BUT , more important,  I see that Toggles, Logo and Fan Speed are reverted to Default values (i.e. fan to 20 % , toggles all checked, color to default.

(Boot Partions and LBA 48 values are correctly modified as i wanted)

I don't care about Logo color...but Dvd drive check and Fan to 20 % could be a problem for my Xbox (drive is old and doesnt work so well, I've changed fan with a noctua 60 but even with new thermal paste i think 20 % is too low..)

Also ... is Openxenium the only modchip to reflash bios ? until now i flashed through evox dash (i have an executer 2.6 lite installed..)

thank you for your help ! 

Edited by topik