OGXbox.com

External XBox Hdmi Mod!

N64 freak

So finally got the case for the HDMI cable finished!

The cable itself does work good and is finally in the last steps off testing. Decided to add the OGX logo to the case to make it look even better.

So a little more detail about the hardware now!

It is basically a Component to HDMI converter that does reencode the Component signal to a HDMI signal.

The Xbox will recognize the cable as a component cable and it is plug and play without the need for an extra psu or anything.

The HDMI signal does provide stereo audio and there is an optical out on the pcb for digital audio.

Can print the case in different colors once the cables are for sale!  :)

Before a lot off people ask about them now they will be for sale in around 4 weeks and i will post the add here in the Forums.

Will offer them as finished cable and as an internal install kit without the cable and avip plug for those who want to do an internal install on there Xbox.

So keep checking the forums not just facebook :P

And without further talking that's how the final product looks like:

IMG_6781.thumb.JPG.33527a3cea6bdcea190428acb3723502.JPG

IMG_6782.thumb.JPG.b2ea99ab2c09a8f84fc906bea0aae7aa.JPG

IMG_6756.thumb.JPG.4cdd90f0da6ac853d2114fba3a2e234f.JPG

• Like 9

@Knucklebunker yes got the pricing worked out.

The complete cable with the 3D printed case will sell for 70€ and the internal kit will sell for 55€.

Will design and print a mounting help for the internal kit later on. It will hold the pcb and will look like a half open case. The install would be as easy as cutting a square into the case and glueing the mounting help in.

Well soldering is still required off course and i will post a guide showing the solder points and how to get it installed later on :)

• Like 4

Sounds reasonable.  I didn't realize this would be coming from across the pond.  Am I correct in assuming since the picture is being converted to digital it should work fine out of the box for most hdtv sets, or would I have to switch my ntsc console to pal since it will be receiving an analogue pal (presumably) component signal before conversion?  Sorry my pal\ntsc knowledge could use some expanding.  

• 4 weeks later...

Well the capture card would just show you the XBMC (or whatever the consoles screen outputs at the moment) screen.

Personally i don't have any video Capture hardware here so i can't show any captures off it sadly.

@N163LPH03N1X Could tell you a little more about it as he already has one. He may have a Capture Card to show off some screenshots or videos.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...