OGXbox.com

The Foxbox

fox

Hello Fox, your Xbox looks different, never seen such mods.
What about the controller ports, is the USB underneath Power Button the only controller port?
How did you cover the old controller ports?
What is the black box in front of the HDD?
How did you succeed to print that fox logo on the jewel? looks fine.

Edited by neighbor

I was thinking the same thing but my guess would be he used a 3d printer. I myself am not a huge fan of the slim console because it takes away features from the xbox, but I like the look. If I were you though I would add more usb ports and since your theme seems to be fox related I would add another case design to compliment the jewl. 

18 hours ago, neighbor said:

Hello Fox, your Xbox looks different, never seen such mods.
What about the controller ports, is the USB underneath Power Button the only controller port?
How did you cover the old controller ports?
What is the black box in front of the HDD?
How did you succeed to print that fox logo on the jewel? looks fine.

I'm a single-player guy, so yeah, it's the only port. The original ports were filled with spare xbox plastic, melted in with a soldering iron and sanded flush with the panel. It's a crude, non-chemical method of plastic welding I use a lot to repair stuff, but effective where high strength isn't necessary. I made the hard drive tray and transplanted the power button symbol the same way. The black thing is the cathode's inverter.

And I'm gonna be honest here...........the fox emblem is just stenciled on. Lol.

I was worried about there being an obvious 2D look to it, but I really can't see the difference between it and the stock jewel with the milled xbox logo. Maybe because of how I shaped the plexiglass. I don't know.

Matta, I couldn't think of any additional style elements. I'm not much of an artist.

• Like 3

Wow I was way off, I am impressed. I have never heard of the method of filling plastic. You also pulled off a very clean and good looking finished product. But anyways what usb controller do you use?? I made my own mod for a controller that has an adapter for a usb so if you didn't do that I would recommend it. It required little knowledge on wires and took only 30 minutes.

Edited by Matta

great work! you even went with green cathodes they defiantly give off a nicer glow and all your cuts look very clean!

apparently, I was wrong to think the hard drive tray couldn't be moved to the other side (i told someone this the other day). but I'm curious why you didn't just use the DVD tray. a lot less to cut off that..

how are your temperatures? I struggled with high temperatures for a while ., eventually remedied with more fans, less case lol... 

Edited by abazz009

2 hours ago, abazz009 said:

great work! you even went with gre en cathodes they defiantly give off a nicer glow and all your cuts look very clean!

apparently, I was wrong to think the hard drive tray couldn't be moved to the other side (i told someone this the other day). but I'm curious why you didn't just use the DVD tray. a lot less to cut off that..

how are your temperatures? I struggled with high temperatures for a while ., eventually remedied with more fans, less case lol... 

The dvd trays are a skeleton frame. The hdd trays have the solid underbody I needed in order to add the board mount pegs. I guess I could've added an underbody but meh.

The temperatures aren't bad. With the factory paste still on, and at 30% fan speed the cpu idles on the home screen at 30C, hits 35C while watching video and maxes at 44C with xbox games. Emulators...not sure. The gpu temperatures with the sink fan are consistently 2C fewer than the cpu ones.

Even still, 30% fan is a little noisy to me, so I'm thinking about making copper heat sinks. If they drop the. temperatures by even 5C I can feel safe running the fan at almost silent 10% speed. At the very least it'd look cool.

Edited by fox
dumb touchpad clicked the post button

8 hours ago, Javitron said:

Looks awesome , do you have a tutorial where i can see how did you did it?

Thanks. There's no one tutorial. Most of the work is based on the many tutorials for case slimming and jewel work, etc, that you've probably seen. I don't think there are tutorials online for stuff like the eject/power button and USB port. But if you ever happen to try making them though I wouldn't mind sharing tips.

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/11/2019 at 12:53 PM, ecstone said:

Excellent work, I really like it.

On 01/11/2019 at 7:38 AM, tempnooby said:

WOW this looks amazingman

On 12/25/2018 at 9:20 PM, Xbmcmodsforxbox said:

very clean build keep up the good work

Thanks everyone.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...