OGXbox.com

Purchased a 128Mb Ram board and PSU, Advice apreciated please....

Craiguk

Hi, Long story short i brought a v1.1 Board and PSU- TSOP with x2_5035 BIOS i was told from the seller, Then brought a Stock faulty xbox (Trace rot), installed new board and PSU into the faulty xbox, Kept he stock HDD and DVD Drive from the faulty Xbox......

Anyway powers up (No Flubber) say's EXECUTER2 CONFIG LIVE LOADING..... and stays on that screen, Eject button FRAG's

Is it looking for somthing from the HDD? I did try Hexen and various other Installer DVD's that work on my other consoles. Faulty DVD drive?

Im a total TSOP noob and would appreciate some advice please, Theres a video i upped to my Dropbox so you can see what im talking about.

Thanks all.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4t4sh6u1k9zvp0/PXL_20221128_181143241.mp4?dl=0

Edited by Craiguk

• Craiguk changed the title to Purchased a 128Mb Ram board and PSU, Advice apreciated please....

Your description is a bit confusing but if one Xbox was soft modded and the other hard mod, the hard mod one should work to boot a disk (hexen etc)  while the softmod will not work with a hard drive from another xbox unless you get the eeprom and lock that hard drive to that motherboard... try a different dvd drive or boot hexen with no hard drive plugged in to narrow down what could be going on? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Craiguk said:

Hi sorry, basically I brought a totally stock faulty xbox and just swapped the faulty motherboard, with the TSOP 128MB board and matching PSU so the HDD would be stock. 

Thanks for looking 👍🏼

Ok. You'd be better off with a good new hard drive in my opinion. That stock drive is locked and possibly bad. However, if it isn't bad,  and if it would boot a dvd like hexen you maybe able to unlock that drive with a "master password".  That's a lot of if. The bios is looking for a config.ini file on the hard drive,  but with it or without it it should boot a disk like hexen if the dvd was good I think. 

What I'd do is set up a new drive on a pc with fatxplorer beta 3 by eaton works. I'd put xbmc4gamers on it and use c and e from a hard mod disk. 

I prefer 500gb to 2tb sata hard drives,  whatever you can afford.  Then use a startech sata to ide (they are red)  and a new 24" ultra ide/pata (80wire/conductor, 40 pin) 

If done correctly like that it should boot with or without dvd.

The dvd drive may need a lense clean with ipa, or it may not work,  as I believe it should boot dvd regardless.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, prtscn said:

Try booting with disconnected HDD.

Ok disconnected the HDD tried various Boot Disks Hexen, Slayers, AIO etc still won't boot, tried know working DVD drive still the same, only it don't FRAG straight away takes about 20 seconds.  Still on EXECUTER2 CONFIG LIVE LOADING.....  Mmmmm any ideas mate? 

Tested suspect faulty DVD drive in my hard modded crystal and that work fine, so that's a bonus. 

Appreciate everyones help. 

4 hours ago, Craiguk said:

Ok disconnected the HDD tried various Boot Disks Hexen, Slayers, AIO etc still won't boot, tried know working DVD drive still the same, only it don't FRAG straight away takes about 20 seconds.  Still on EXECUTER2 CONFIG LIVE LOADING.....  Mmmmm any ideas mate? 

Tested suspect faulty DVD drive in my hard modded crystal and that work fine, so that's a bonus. 

If you can try another hard drive,  ide cable, and or sata adapter if you can 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Craiguk said:

Likely corrupted bios.

i think you need to have x2config.ini file in your harddrive, no idea where to get it and in what HDD location to put it.

here, there is a tool to create a config.

https://www.xbox-hq.com/html/article2052.html

problem, you have to put is somehow in your HDD, maybe ftp would work during this bios screen, don't know.

Edited by prtscn
heightism
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Puritan001 said:

If you can try another hard drive,  ide cable, and or sata adapter if you can 

I have a few stock IDE cables and some old IDE Hdds about. 

My crystal xbox (Executer 2.6) has a 80 wire cable with SATA adapter I could try that also. 

Maybe the Bios is setup to skip boot from DVD if the sellers drive was faulty? 

I'll let you know 👍🏼