Matta

Bought Modded Xbox Need Information.

I bought an xbox on ebay and now I noticed somethings I didn't before. Can anyone identify what is in the picture. I appoligize If  this is in the wrong category this is my first post. In the first picture it is those 2 dots next to the disc tray. In the second picture it's the blue output. And in the third there appears to be something coming out of the controller. Also this was advertised as an xecuter 2 mod chipped xbox, and I paid $90. 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I would assume that the thing sticking out of the controller is a usb drive. There is a fairly easy way to replace the memorycard port/connector with a USB slot.

I can only speculate about the port on the back. Maybe its an old way to connect to the modchip I am not aware of or some type of "custom" A/V out to go to a converter?

The dots look like LEDs and/or IR sensor, Most likely to indicate the modchips status or HDD activity or Network activity. and maybe the IR is for a xerc chip (power on from remote).

1 hour ago, IPTDF00 said:

I would assume that the thing sticking out of the controller is a usb drive. There is a fairly easy way to replace the memorycard port/connector with a USB slot.

I can only speculate about the port on the back. Maybe its an old way to connect to the modchip I am not aware of or some type of "custom" A/V out to go to a converter?

The dots look like LEDs and/or IR sensor, Most likely to indicate the modchips status or HDD activity or Network activity. and maybe the IR is for a xerc chip (power on from remote).

I agree. in addition I think the port on back if for flashing an Xecuter 2.x Pro mod chip.

• Like 1

You really do not need to use that port anymore, you can just use a HEXEN disk. If you have the 1MB version It can have a 1MB bios flashed, or 4 different 256k banks. Or really any combination to equal 1MB.

I flashed mine with HEXEN 2017. My version is the 1MB, It did not come with the port. I do not have the bank switch on mine, but it now has a different bios on each of the 4 banks.

Had to diagnose the chip to find the wires to ground so I could select each bank. My findings are posted in the Mod Chips forum. 

I cannot tell if you have the bank switch on yours, but if the bank switch is not connected the chip will not enable. They could have flashed the motherboard TSOP chip to an Xecuter bios. I am not saying this is your case, just letting you know what to look for. If you look at my schematics, the one with the Port like the one on yours is the Xecuter 2.2 Pro. but I think there is at least another that has it.

Do you have it right now? can you open the xbox, see whats there, and post pictures?

• Like 1

The device sticking out of the controller could be the Phantasy Star Online USB Keyboard adapter. (Please login or register to see this link. )

The holes next to the DVD tray are probably for an IR sensor mod (not sure why there'd be two) to turn on/off the console with the DVD playback kit remote.

Edited by KaosEngineer

3 hours ago, Matta said:

does that usb keyboard adapter have any value I couldn't care less about it.

It can be used to connect a compatible USB flash drive to the Xbox for softmodding the console.  As it will work just like a memory unit, storing game saves and an Xbox Live account.

Edited by KaosEngineer

I know this is an old post but this wasn't answered. Pic #2 is of the serial port for flashing the mod chip. Xecuter 2.0, 2.2, 2.2 pro etc all had them.

10 hours ago, MxChris said:

I know this is an old post but this wasn't answered. Pic #2 is of the serial port for flashing the mod chip. Xecuter 2.0, 2.2, 2.2 pro etc all had them.

Update: If it is an Xecuter 2.x Pro.

The modchip programming port is not a serial port.  It is a parallel port and connects to the parallel printer port of a PC set up for bidirectional operation. 

X2BM - X2 BIOS Manager software is used to program the chip.  You need a 25 wire straight through DB25-M(ale) to DB25-F(emale) cable for it to work.  A plain old serial cable will NOT work. 

So I found out what is was a bit ago. I took it apart and found a flashxx or something like that (it has been a bit and I am not home). It doesnt have a bios select. I still don’t know how to change the bios though. I do have poctures though.Please login or register to see this attachment.

I've never seen one of those modchips installed.  I do see pictures of it were on xbox-scene.com's modchips table for Please login or register to see this link. column labeled - PC-BioXX, OpenXbox, NitroXX. (Please login or register to see this link. )

They were all discontinued and replaced by the SmartXX modchip.

The port on it still connects to a parallel printer port to reprogram the chip using a PC and custom software.