OGXbox.com

What would you say it's worth these days ...

MBL

On 11/21/2022 at 3:53 AM, MBL said:

image.thumb.jpeg.d05ec3c2ce7c549cf8a991aef6e99669.jpeg

Crystal XBOX v1.6.

Xecuter3 chip, Faceplate, LCD.

Xtender kit. (Space for 3 HDDs).

Crystal JoyTech 6" XBOX TFT colour screen. (Not ever managed to find another like it).

Holy shit. I remember the xtender. Selected hard drives by using the buttons to momentarily pass juice through one of the ide wires responsible for power or something, leaving the other drives stationary and keeping them from spooling up or initializing.

Haven't seen one in a long time...

😆, that's it, the front panel allows you to choose one of the three drives to power-up, thus boot, while the remainder remain powered-off. Pictured it next to a standard size package for comparisons, as to how much larger it becomes, and with the screen, it's a beast 🤪 of a thing.

15 hours ago, Puritan001 said:

That's worth 1,000 + easy,  sadly the economy is terrible and people don't seem to be spending thier money as easily now as they were even a few months ago. 

Personally I think 1000 is a stretch. I sold a full crystal X3 setup a few years back pre covid for £500 and that was reduced from the original asking price. The trouble is things like the X3 and extender USED to be very sought after as they were rare and useful. Nowadays they are only really worth anything to a collector as there are modern solutions available for less that can do the same thing or better. 

The extender was a great (and only) easy way to expand hdd space, today we have bioses that can support upto 16tb in one HDD. The X3 is still the king of old school og modchips but most of its features are now redundant or can be achieved using other methods. Plus there seems to be a new wave of chips on the way with Project Stellar leading the charge. 

Both of those have unfortunately impacted on the value of classics modded systems like yours. I still have another crystal X3 setup that I only consider selling if i was offered silly money, I like it as it looks good on the shelf and reminds me of when the OG was current and all the fun I had modding those systems back then. 

There are still folks out there that will buy your system if you are selling but you might not get as much as you fisrt thought, Good luck though and I hope you do get a decent price for it in the end. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

Personally I think 1000 is a stretch. I sold a full crystal X3 setup a few years back pre covid for £500 and that was reduced from the original asking price. The trouble is things like the X3 and extender USED to be very sought after as they were rare and useful. Nowadays they are only really worth anything to a collector as there are modern solutions available for less that can do the same thing or better. 

The extender was a great (and only) easy way to expand hdd space, today we have bioses that can support upto 16tb in one HDD. The X3 is still the king of old school og modchips but most of its features are now redundant or can be achieved using other methods. Plus there seems to be a new wave of chips on the way with Project Stellar leading the charge. 

Both of those have unfortunately impacted on the value of classics modded systems like yours. I still have another crystal X3 setup that I only consider selling if i was offered silly money, I like it as it looks good on the shelf and reminds me of when the OG was current and all the fun I had modding those systems back then. 

There are still folks out there that will buy your system if you are selling but you might not get as much as you fisrt thought, Good luck though and I hope you do get a decent price for it in the end. 

3 of the rarest mods that are 15 years old and harder to find everyday are in no way influenced by newer mods. They are for collecting or bragging rights. However they are still useful as well imo, that's not really the point.  The only thing more rare/ hard to get your hands are similar set up in blue or green. I personally have never even seen a clear lcd screen and can only guess at its value.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments.

Even before coming back here, for an opinion on value, I'd already decided I'd never let it go for anything below the £1K mark, and even then, might still not do it, especially with the, what I believe to be, only JoyTech in Chrystal, in existence. Agree with comments that the ability to do more with newer tech, at a percentage of the possible cost, doesn't influence the value given to the old, to collectors that is.

Maybe one day, it'll go to someone else, but for now, it's not going anywhere :).

Have a good festive season guys, and all the best.

On 11/26/2022 at 1:32 PM, Puritan001 said:

3 of the rarest mods that are 15 years old and harder to find everyday are in no way influenced by newer mods. They are for collecting or bragging rights. However they are still useful as well imo, that's not really the point.  The only thing more rare/ hard to get your hands are similar set up in blue or green. I personally have never even seen a clear lcd screen and can only guess at its value.  

You kinda just agreed with me while trying to disagree with me lol. To the ordinary xbox player these things aren't worth much at all. They only have value to a collector, which is what I said. My X3 box used to be my daily driver but it's been regulated to the historical section of the loft in the last few weeks due to new space restrictions around my tv. Like the OP I would sell it for the right offer if it came along. 

Also I do believe the value of these older mods is being impacted by the modern equivalents. Once Stellar is released and is readily available (eventually) then I can see it becoming the mod of choice for those xbox modders who want the most features/useability from their mods. I know I will be looking to get my hands on at least 3 Stellars to update some of my xbox systems. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2022 at 10:44 AM, Puritan001 said:

That's worth 1,000 + easy,  sadly the economy is terrible and people don't seem to be spending thier money as easily now as they were even a few months ago. 

If the economy is terrible as you claim, then everything would be cheap. Simple supply and demand

NFL and NBA are seling out home games like crazy