OGXbox.com

EvoX M8+ / Setup Fanspeed permanent

Onaga

Where can I change fan speed?

Since Insignia I flashed my TSOP with EvoX M8+... I used to have iND before...

The problem is, I don't know where to setup the fan speed... I can change it in XBMC4GAMERS but as soon as I start a App or Game it changes back to low speed.

This is not good because I'm useing a different silence fan that needs to run at least with 80% speed to keep the Xbox cooled.

My Xbox HDD is installed with Hexen2020. It has all the other Dashboards and I tried everything... Dashboards from Apps folder, HexenTools folder, C Partition... but it won't work, it won't save the fan speed like it did with iND and his config file.

Any idea?

On 11/20/2022 at 7:57 PM, Onaga said:

The problem is, I don't know where to setup the fan speed... I can change it in XBMC4GAMERS but as soon as I start a App or Game it changes back to low speed.

This is not good because I'm useing a different silence fan that needs to run at least with 80% speed to keep the Xbox cooled.

My Xbox HDD is installed with Hexen2020. It has all the other Dashboards and I tried everything... Dashboards from Apps folder, HexenTools folder, C Partition... but it won't work, it won't save the fan speed like it did with iND and his config file.

Any idea?

Or you could use the new cerbios as you can set the fan speed in a config file and it's XBL compatible.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2022 at 9:23 PM, KaosEngineer said:

You have to edit the BIOS with EVTool v1.0.9, save a new dot bin file, upload it to your Xbox then flash the updated BIOS to your TSOP. There is no easy on-the-fly fan speed change available with M8plus by editing a configuration file on the Xbox's hard drive.

599469499_EvoxM8plusFanSpeedSetting.PNG.5173da1b34a25db82a869d0036db85e0.PNG

Alright. This is what I expected. Thanks for the clarification 👍

On 11/21/2022 at 11:26 PM, SS_Dave said:

Or you could use the new cerbios as you can set the fan speed in a config file and it's XBL compatible.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Does Cerbios work with insignia? 😅

On 11/20/2022 at 12:57 AM, Onaga said:

Any idea?

Have you tried modifying the bios file in evtool? Fan settings should be in there. Flash and you should be good. Just make sure it matches your xbmc speed so you don't have fluctuations like that.

Guess I was a little late. Kaos got you. :)