OGXbox.com

Mod Chip Bank Switch Wiring Schematics

John7272

Remembering back to when I purchased my first Xecuter 3 mod chip, I was annoyed to discover the bank switch did not come with it. Payed the price for getting a used one, or at least making sure it came with everything. I looked all over to see if someone could help me jumper connections so I could use the different banks available to no avail. Finally I bought one new, which is not a choice nowadays.

So I am dissecting switches and making schematics for each, starting with the most popular Xecuter 3. I have already mapped out the Xecuter 2.2 Pro and Xecuter 2.3b and will make a .jpg for them as well.

Not being familiar with the programs used to edit pictures and make these, it took me 3 times as long to make this one schematic than it took me to test and map it out. I'm saying this in hopes I won't get flamed for poor work, I just want to help.

Let me know what you think.

Xecuter 2.3b Bank Switch Wiring Schematic.jpg

Xecuter 2.2 Pro Bank Switch Wiring Schematic.jpg

Xecuter 3 Bank Switch Wiring Schematic.jpg

Edited by John7272
Changed 'bank #" to bank switch # for clarification.
  • Like 7

With help of that x3 diagram, I was able to finally fix my x3cp, where the bank switch cable had been cut off near the connector and none of the wires had been marked. I soldered new connector which I took from the original x3 switch board (like the one in your image).

Interestingly the x3cp's bank switch cable has only 11 wires, as the unused wire (yellow in your diagram) is not present.

Thanks for making this!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm trying to flash my xecuter 2.3 with a new bios but I suspect the switch panel is faulty as even when switched to unprotected it still says flash is not writeable when done through Hexen. I have created a separate post for this so apologies for duplication but I'm trying to solve the problem and I wanted to ask questions about the diagram in this post. I hope that hasn't broken any rules.

So my question, related to the diagram Xecuter 2.3b bank switch wiring schematic

If I disconnect my switch panel the chip is disabled - that ties in with what the diagram says.

I installed my chip many years ago and I remember soldering the D0 point. Should this be connected to ground? If so I am guessing my installation is not 100% correct.f it were connected to ground it will allow the modichip to be enabled and protection to be disabled (according to the above diagram) Which would then in theory allow me to flash my chip??? 

I have no idea but I am hoping somebody in the know can step in at this point and put me out of my misery.

@John7272 thank you for the diagram even though I personally don't know what I can do with this information due to my lack of knowledge. It gave me something to think about and a little bit of hope.

21 hours ago, link42586 said:

I have a 2.3b pro without the switches. Almost looks like the lite one but does that apply to the pro version? I literally have it hooked up inside an xbox and it doesn't work. 2 blue lights but it doesn't do anything. Can I use the lite diagram?

They are different. The LITE has 5 wires and the PRO has 8 wires. I would need the bank switch to verify connections. The PRO has 2 more switches than the LITE which would explain 2 of the wires, but not sure about the other one.

I looked at the bank switch settings and it appears at least one switch has to be on to select any bank at all. also, one of the switches needs to be on in order to flash the chip.

If I were you I would find someone with the switch that can diagnose it.

16 minutes ago, Tiberius2019 said:

I'm trying to flash my xecuter 2.3 with a new bios but I suspect the switch panel is faulty as even when switched to unprotected it still says flash is not writeable when done through Hexen. I have created a separate post for this so apologies for duplication but I'm trying to solve the problem and I wanted to ask questions about the diagram in this post. I hope that hasn't broken any rules.

So my question, related to the diagram Xecuter 2.3b bank switch wiring schematic

If I disconnect my switch panel the chip is disabled - that ties in with what the diagram says.

I installed my chip many years ago and I remember soldering the D0 point. Should this be connected to ground? If so I am guessing my installation is not 100% correct.f it were connected to ground it will allow the modichip to be enabled and protection to be disabled (according to the above diagram) Which would then in theory allow me to flash my chip??? 

I have no idea but I am hoping somebody in the know can step in at this point and put me out of my misery.

@John7272 thank you for the diagram even though I personally don't know what I can do with this information due to my lack of knowledge. It gave me something to think about and a little bit of hope.

The DO point on the xbox should have a wire connected from the modchip, usually a grey wire. if you instead jump the wire from the xbox DO point to ground, it tells the xbox to boot right to the modchip. if you ground the DO and disconnect the switch, it will boot the chip unprotected on bank 2 and you can flash it.

5 minutes ago, John7272 said:

The DO point on the xbox should have a wire connected from the modchip, usually a grey wire. if you instead jump the wire from the xbox DO point to ground, it tells the xbox to boot right to the modchip. if you ground the DO and disconnect the switch, it will boot the chip unprotected on bank 2 and you can flash it.

Thanks @John7272 Where would ground be? on the modchip or on the motherboard somewhere. Sorry to ask such a basic question.

11 hours ago, John7272 said:

So uh. This is what I was basically asking if I could get around not having switches. So If I just unsolder the d0 and ground it it should boot bank 2? And assuming I didn't flash that with A bios I could possibly flash the chip. I got everything I need for that except the flat cable that connects the printer port thing.

But A long time ago this chip was used in A v1.0 xbox..Basically A mirror of what I put it in this time around so if I can get the chip to work without the switches I could possibly use this chip again i'm hoping.

Edited by link42586

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 6/2/2019 at 7:42 PM, alexgold said:

Does anynone have the schematic of this bank switch/parallel port?

I have an Xecuter 2.0 PRO without the bank switch board. The modchip has a 20 pin flat connector.

P.S: pictures are not mine.

Thanks in advance :)

x2p-03.jpg

yzkmps7dglf11.jpg

x2p-01.jpg

x2-pro.jpg

A bit late to say the least ;) but here's some information I found archived by the Wayback Machine for a thread from the old team-xecuter.com web site.  A user there that went by the handle stesmi posted the following:

OK, I have now mapped the whole switch thing on the X2.0Pro.

That is, I don't know what the signals actually DO (on the modchip side) but I know what pin goes where.

SW1 is the 4 dipswitches. 1, 2, 3, 4 are the pins on the side where the numbers are. GND 1-4 are the pins on the side where the text "ON" is (closest to the LPT connector).
J1 is the LPT connector.
J2 is the 20-pin flat cable.
LPT Name is the name of the signal if it had been an LPT port. I added those so that if anyone wonders "is it from the right or left if I look at it that way or that way or .." then one can just check it out in any document describing the parallel port. Very easy to find out what's what since half the bottom row are all ground.

I re-measured a few times to try to find what pins 18 and 19 do on the J2 connector but I didn't get a ring anywhere, neither did I get a ring on pin 11 in J1 (Busy).

SW1		J1		J2	LPT Name
    		17		 1	Select In
     1		 1		 2	Strobe
     2		14		 3	Auto Feed
     3		16		 4	Init
    		 2		 5	Data 0
    		 3		 6	Data 1
    		 4		 7	Data 2
    		 5		 8	Data 3
    		 6		 9	Data 4
    		 7		10	Data 5
    		 8		11	Data 6
    		 9		12	Data 7
    		15		13	Error
    		13		14	Select
    		12		15	Paper Empty
    		10		16	Acknowledge
    GND 1-4	18-25		17	Ground
     4		N/C		20	-

// Stefan

Source: http://web.archive.org/web/20210421173423/https://team-xecuter.com/community/threads/xecuter-2-0pro-cable-broken.31419/  (12th post in this thread).

• 1 year later...