OGXbox.com

Cooling fan upgrades?

What's the most efficient cooling fan that does a bloody good job for the OGXbox, I'm running the stock fan and it's not the noise that bothers me but is there something more efficient that could keep everything cooler?

Usually my temps are around 40-50c with the stock fan at 100%

On 11/11/2022 at 2:06 AM, RazorStoJ said:

What's the most efficient cooling fan that does a bloody good job for the OGXbox, I'm running the stock fan and it's not the noise that bothers me but is there something more efficient that could keep everything cooler?

Usually my temps are around 40-50c with the stock fan at 100%

Is it a version 1.6 by any chance.

This is my 1.6 after power on for the 1st time in days I took the 1st pic a few seconds after the dash loaded and the other pic was about 20 seconds later.

It has the stock fan running at 40% 

PXL-20221109-100951161.jpg

The HDD temp is more realistic 

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I bought a used 1.0 box with noisy fans. I lubricated both the gpu and system fans with deoxit and left them to dry for a few days. The fans are quiet now and the hdd is now noticeably loud. 

You could use a either a 12v 60mm noctua fan or a nexxus 70mm fan and 3d print the fan mount brackets. These are two most popular fan mods for the Xbox.

Edited by Nier
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

There's a noctua upgrade option if you want it. It can be found with googling. Doesn't require much modification. Don't know if it's worth it, other than to say you have a noctua fan in your xbox. Lol.

I can tell you, from noise perspective it’s a hell of an upgrade!