OGXbox.com

Full Controller 5 pin replacement cables with Breakaway Cable

Incursion64

Hi Everyone, i'm currently offering these replacement cables in an effort to bring back to life as many original xbox Microsoft branded controllers as possible!  This cable includes a 5 pin connector so it has all of the data lines that the xbox cable uses. It's a simple replacement, just de-solder the existent pin connector, and put this in it's place.  This is a full length cord, includes the breakaway, ferrite cores, strain relief etc.  It can also be used as a replacement on most (maybe all) of the cheap aftermarket controllers if you want to be able to use sit further from your monitor/TV. 

The new connector inserts vertically, the old one lays on it's side,  this has no effect on the shell.  There is one other difference i will point out for complete transparency. The original xbox controller uses 5 data lines, and has 1 chunky stranded line of shielding that is soldered as a 6th pin.  These do not have that 6th pin.  For comparison, the cheap aftermarket controllers use 4 pins in their wiring (missing the yellow wire), have no breakaway cable, and are only 5-6 feet in length. 

These ship from the US, and currently listed at $5.99 per cable. I do have a shopify store for easy payment options, but will not link that here until i have permission to do so. If you are interested, please drop a comment and feel free to PM me.  Bulk rates are an option, just have to figure out the best method of shipping whatever qty it is you may be interested in.   

Cord with Breakaway.jpg

310357264_1263462484505069_352762069510559158_n.jpg

Edited by Incursion64
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2022 at 7:01 AM, Incursion64 said:

Hi Everyone, i'm currently offering these replacement cables in an effort to bring back to life as many original xbox Microsoft branded controllers as possible!  This cable includes a 5 pin connector so it has all of the data lines that the xbox cable uses. It's a simple replacement, just de-solder the existent pin connector, and put this in it's place.  This is a full length cord, includes the breakaway, ferrite cores, strain relief etc.  It can also be used as a replacement on most (maybe all) of the cheap aftermarket controllers if you want to be able to use sit further from your monitor/TV. 

The new connector inserts vertically, the old one lays on it's side,  this has no effect on the shell.  There is one other difference i will point out for complete transparency. The original xbox controller uses 5 data lines, and has 1 chunky stranded line of shielding that is soldered as a 6th pin.  These do not have that 6th pin.  For comparison, the cheap aftermarket controllers use 4 pins in their wiring (missing the yellow wire), have no breakaway cable, and are only 5-6 feet in length. 

These ship from the US, and currently listed at $5.99 per cable. I do have a shopify store for easy payment options, but will not link that here until i have permission to do so. If you are interested, please drop a comment and feel free to PM me.  Bulk rates are an option, just have to figure out the best method of shipping whatever qty it is you may be interested in.   

Cord with Breakaway.jpg

310357264_1263462484505069_352762069510559158_n.jpg

Got 3 and about to install into 3 Green clear Xbox controllers.  Can already tell better quality than what's out there!  Thank you and will put a bulk order soon!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
4 hours ago, Thairanny said:

He messaged me back on eBay. Turns out they really are specifically commissioned by the distributor in Ohio, and they are pretty close to the originals.  No clue why the Chinese one's aren't available, but I imagine these are much higher quality anyways.

I noticed they also sell an Xbox composite cable but no component cable.  If they could make a quality component cable I would think they could sell a bunch of them.

On 1/23/2024 at 8:00 PM, Thairanny said:

Actually you're right they are pretty expensive, but I think what the world needs is a 360 to OG Xbox component adapter. There are ton's of cheap 360 component cables.

Yes the problem with current component cables is they are either cheap Chinese cables without proper shielding that give a bad picture quality or if you buy a good quality Monster or modified 360 cable they are expensive.  If a company could make a good quality $15 cable everyone would buy from them.  There is a market for those.

Im not a fan of a 360 adapter because that is another connection being added to the signal path which may cause signal degradation.  Plus you have the fact it would require more space sticking out of the back of the Xbox.   Personally I think just a regular component cable would be the best choice instead of an adapter.

2 hours ago, RMM said:

Yes the problem with current component cables is they are either cheap Chinese cables without proper shielding that give a bad picture quality or if you buy a good quality Monster or modified 360 cable they are expensive.  If a company could make a good quality $15 cable everyone would buy from them.  There is a market for those.

Im not a fan of a 360 adapter because that is another connection being added to the signal path which may cause signal degradation.  Plus you have the fact it would require more space sticking out of the back of the Xbox.   Personally I think just a regular component cable would be the best choice instead of an adapter.

I feel the same way. I have both cables; the cheapos and the Monsters. There should absolutely be a middle ground between the two and I wish that making the cables was less time consuming, otherwise it would be a decent side hustle since there DOES seem to be a market for it.

Crap, that's off topic. You know, I have about 30 Controllers in a box that could use these cables... I already have to replace all the thumbsticks and wash them/clean them.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, CrazyWeasel4 said:

Thank you... I am in the UK so quite high postage, but still worth considering.

Another option would be to repair your current cable.  It takes a little longer but is free.  Most of the problems with the controller cord are at the strain relief.

I'll have new stock in very soon on a 6 pin version of this cable. It's been in production for a while.  International shipping is available but shopify doesn't always give the best option for freight. Anyone outside the US, please contact me directly. I'm happy to get custom freight quotes and try to make it work. 

On 2/22/2024 at 2:50 PM, CrazyWeasel4 said:

Thank you... I am in the UK so quite high postage, but still worth considering.

Postage from US to UK is like $17USD, so if you buy 1 it’s kind of pricey. The repair cords weigh 4oz. Pretty sure that $17 cost is up to 15 ounces. The modchips are like 1 oz and the ide is 2oz. So if you can bundle a few things it gets absorbed. Shopify’s international shipping options are a bit limited too. If you want to dm a list of what you could use I can try and get a better rate. I do this for fun and to fund other parts for the hobby, happy to try and make it work better.