OGXbox.com

Controller port issues after XEnium installation Please Help.

KianJ

Hello everyone, last night I installed the XEnium mod chip onto my 1.0 Japanese "if that makes any difference" xbox and I’m having a problem with my controller no longer working. XEnium boots up perfectly normal but I can not change any of the bios due to the controller not working. One of my attempts at trying to solve this issue saw a controller work momentarily but then stop. I've tried 3 different controllers "1 OEM and 2 knock offs" with no luck and I've tried every port. When the chip is unplugged the controllers work like normal but when the chip is plugged back in the controllers no longer work. I've only seen one other person on here with this problem and unplugging and plugging back in the chip seemed to work for them but it has not worked for me. I even tried reflowing all of my solder points to make sure my connections were okay and still nothing. My board is fine and hasn't had any capacitors leak on it so that's already ruled out. I'm running out of things to troubleshoot so I’m resorting to this forum. If anyone potentially knows any fixes for this and would like to help that would be greatly appreciated. Until then I'm going to keep troubleshooting to see what I can do. Thanks everyone. 

Edited by KianJ

2 minutes ago, KianJ said:

Hello everyone, last night I installed the XEnium mod chip onto my 1.0 Japanese "if that makes any difference" xbox and I’m having a problem with my controller no longer working. XEnium boots up perfectly normal but I can not change any of the bios due to the controller not working. One of my attempting at trying to solve this issue saw a controller work momentarily but then stop. I've tried 3 different controllers "1 OEM and 2 knock offs" with no luck and I've tried every port. When the chip is unplugged the controllers work like normal but when the chip is plugged back in the controllers no longer work. I've only seen one other person on here with this problem and unplugging and plugging back in the chip seemed to work for them but it has not worked for me. I even tried reflowing all of my solder points to make sure my connections were okay and still nothing. My board is fine and hasn't had any capacitors leak on it so that's already ruled out. I'm running out of things to troubleshoot so I’m resorting to this forum. If anyone potentially knows any fixes for this and would like to help that would be greatly appreciated. Until then I'm going to keep troubleshooting to see what I can do. Thanks everyone. 

Make sure you are using an official controller.

1 hour ago, KianJ said:

UPDATE: After messing with the thing for 3 hours it randomly just decided to start working normally.. doesn't make much sense but I’m gonna stfu and not complain before it starts acting up again. 

You can check the area around connector for controllers on mobo if it acts up again.  Also check actual sockets to xbox.  Ive seen some dirty ones and after a cleanse all good.