OGXbox.com

Help with adding bios to new Harddrive hard modded Xbox

Brandon

Hey all , I have a hard modded Xbox with xenium installed , I don’t have a old harddrive with bios , I have he hdmi+ installed and it’s working I connect my Xbox via hdmi, I can’t seem to get a bios to load , I can’t load hexen cause I don’t have a dash board , I formatted the c and e partition via xenium , every other partition I get failed to format .. I get the error 16 lots , I Tryed ftp m8plus but it won’t work .. I have a version 1.6 mother board .. what am I doing wrong ? I have a hexen dvd made but it won’t load cause I don’t have a dashboard I guess .. I have a new 2tb harddrive .. i can boot into xenium but that’s it 

39 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Hey all , I have a hard modded Xbox with xenium installed , I don’t have a old harddrive with bios , I have he hdmi+ installed and it’s working I connect my Xbox via hdmi, I can’t seem to get a bios to load , I can’t load hexen cause I don’t have a dash board , I formatted the c and e partition via xenium , every other partition I get failed to format .. I get the error 16 lots , I Tryed ftp m8plus but it won’t work .. I have a version 1.6 mother board .. what am I doing wrong ? I have a hexen dvd made but it won’t load cause I don’t have a dashboard I guess .. I have a new 2tb harddrive .. i can boot into xenium but that’s it 

Okay, help us out here by clarifying a few things. IS it the Xenium modchip that you have? Is that what you mean when you say you have "Xenium installed"? I know you have XeniumOS. If you have a legit hacked bios, you shouldn't need a dashboard to load hexen. It should just run automatically if it's in the drive. Are the bioses you're flashing intended for 1.6? They need their own versions of each bios. Try to give as many detals about your setup as possible so we have all the info we need to help you.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

A modified Xbox BIOS is written to the flash memory chip on the modchip.  A Xenium/OpenXenium modchip has 1MB of space to stored these Xbox BIOSes.

XeniumOS is the controlling software of the modchip.  It will not load an Xbox DVD loaded into the Xbox's DVD drive. That requires booting a modified Xbox BIOS that has been flashed/added to the XeniumOS's Launch Item menu.

What items are listed in the XeniumOS's Launch Item menu?

Yes I have the xenium mod chip with the hd+. It’s all new I had it professionally installed . 
I connected a new hardrive , FileZilla shows the c and e partition no others.. I did make sure it was m8plus.bin for Verizon 1.6 board .. I ftp it over but when I go to load it via the xenium os the tv shows no hdmi device connected .. and after awhile it will boot up the error 16 screen .. In the launch menu I have m8plus and the hd+ software .. I followed a couple YouTube videos and patches the bin file and transferred it over using FileZilla . I can’t seem to get a bios to work .

18 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Yes I have the xenium mod chip with the hd+. It’s all new I had it professionally installed . 
I connected a new hardrive , FileZilla shows the c and e partition no others.. I did make sure it was m8plus.bin for Verizon 1.6 board .. I ftp it over but when I go to load it via the xenium os the tv shows no hdmi device connected .. and after awhile it will boot up the error 16 screen .. In the launch menu I have m8plus and the hd+ software .. I followed a couple YouTube videos and patches the bin file and transferred it over using FileZilla . I can’t seem to get a bios to work .

XeniumOS does not have LBA48 support. That's why you can't do anything with F;. It doesn't know how to. You'll have to use XBPartitioner under a BIOS that supports LBA48. M8+ should. I have no idea why you can't get a bios to work. Kaos probably does.

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

Launch the HD+ entry in the XeniumOS's Launch Item menu.  What happens?

Same issue on a xenium modchip with a version 1.6. Has me going crazy also.

I got mine to boot to Xbmc4gamers 1.4001 test build with this BIOS

x2.5035.v16plus.137.bin

Make sure you have the dashboard paths set in the x2config.ini file The attached .ini most likely will not work for your setup use it as a reference. 

I have not found a M8 or IND BIOS to boot this system for Insignia or at all.

x2config.ini

Ok, the evoxdash.xbe shortcut file is set to load e:\Dash\UnleashX\unleashx.xbe as the startup dashboard. 

From the E drive directory listing you posted, this file is not present on the E drive.

Connect to the XeniumOS's FTP server and upload the UnleashX dashboard files into the E:\Dash\UnleashX subfolder with the XBE file renamed to unleashx.xbe if required.

At a minimum, UnleashX consists of the XBE file.  A default config.xml file will be created if not present.

UnleashX also has a Skins subfolder if you want to install different skins for the dashboard.

Why Error 16?

The stock Xbox dashboard is being executed because none of the modified BIOS's boot order list XBE files are found on the hard drive.  And, the stock Microsoft Xbox Dashboard file set must not all be present. Error 16 occurs when the stock dashboard attempts to load the file to set the date and time but it is not present or corrupted on the hard drive.