OGXbox.com

How do I mount ISOs in Cerbios 2.03R?

Bowlsnapper

1 hour ago, Bowlsnapper said:

OKay. I don't have a PC, so I'll have to rely on the script. I'll see if I can find it.

Okay, I am experiencing an EXTREMELY weird glitch:

The script creates the xbe like normal. I try to launch the XBE, but I just get a blank screen, SOLID HDD activity light and alternating LEDs. Then, my LEDs go back to green, my video signal dies COMPLETELY and my TV actually goes into standby. But that's not the weird part. The weird part is, when I booted up again, my F:partition was not being read anymore. I had to go back into the X3 Bios, run XBPartitioner, write the table again, and then Cerbios could see F: again. Also, when I booted into X3 to do so, there was a green vertical bar on the left. Narrow, but HELLA noticeable. I'm officially freaked out. WTF is happening?

@Natetronn

9 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

@Lisko Check out the post right before this one. This is going to be a problem. If anybody else knows what's wrong, PLEASE chime in!

Have you splitted the iso in chuncks <4GiB? Something similar happened once to me when I forgot to split the iso. Other things I would try is to repartition and reformat the drive under cerbios. But also wait for someone more skilled than me on the matter.

7 hours ago, Lisko said:

Have you splitted the iso in chuncks <4GiB? Something similar happened once to me when I forgot to split the iso. Other things I would try is to repartition and reformat the drive under cerbios. But also wait for someone more skilled than me on the matter.

Nah. The iso is only 700mb, so no problems there. i donˋt think reformatting is something that will fix it... but thank you. :)

49 minutes ago, Natetronn said:

Maybe try running the latest XMBC4gamers 1.4.001 Test build. Go into settings (controller black button), Downloader, then update the URL Downloader again and finally install the Test build (URL Download will ask to be updated again at some point; kind of odd.)

Allgood with origins now. :) ... MINUS the bullcrap dashboard that came with it. 768kb free on C with no MS dash? Just for some nkpatcher image that I don't even need? Retarded.

On 10/31/2022 at 1:04 AM, Bowlsnapper said:

I just need to know the simplest way to use ISOs in Cerbios 2.03R. I guess it has native support? Whatever that really means.

You must have the attach (disc image mounting) app present in the subfolder along with the game's XISO (dot iso) file.

The attach.xbe app has to be renamed to default.xbe.  

If you wish for the attach app to be made for each specific game - has the game's icon and internal XBE name included, you need to use the XISO to HDD Installer script to install the ISO and create the game specific attach app for you.  This script and its supporting Python modules are preinstalled in the prebuilt download versions of XBMC4Gamers and XBMC-Emustation. For XBMC4Xbox, you will have to install/add it to the scripts folder along with its required Python modules. limpp is one such module - Library for Image Manipulation in Pure Python, there may be others required as well to run it.  The script and supporting modules can be downloaded from Rocky5's XBMC4Gamers github.com repository.

19 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

You must have the attach (disc image mounting) app present in the subfolder along with the game's XISO (dot iso) file.

The attach.xbe app has to be renamed to default.xbe.  

If you wish for the attach app to be made for each specific game - has the game's icon and internal XBE name included, you need to use the XISO to HDD Installer script to install the ISO and create the game specific attach app for you.  This script and its supporting Python modules are preinstalled in the prebuilt download versions of XBMC4Gamers and XBMC-Emustation. For XBMC4Xbox, you will have to install/add it to the scripts folder along with its required Python modules. limpp is one such module - Library for Image Manipulation in Pure Python, there may be others required as well to run it.

I actually did use the script in XBMC4Gamers and it created the default.xbe in the iso's folder with thumbnail successfully. Ran it, and it crashed, rebooted to dash and erased my partition table to add insult to injury. I googled this and found that nobody has ever reported this... of course. Knowing myself, I'm probably missing a crucial requirement to get this working...

Thank you for replying in my threads, BTW. I DO appreciate it.