OGXbox.com

XBP Table Writer Just went with my games

Gamey

Hello There, yesterday I was with my father trying to upgrade our old and loved Og Xbox, but I'm new with Xbox tools, and after some try and error trying to get Chimp to work. I ran accidentaly the XBP Table Writer after that, and all games in the F: and G: partitions were gone. Now when I try to send any file to these partitions via FTP using Filezilla, I get the error "550 Internal error" or "Failed to get folders"

I just ignored the error and got a DVD that I instaled the HexEn 2018, and with that I could clone my HD, but all the games that we had (Almost 120gb of games) are missing. Someone knows if there's any way to recover the games that I lost or at least recover the storage ? 

3 hours ago, Gamey said:

Hello There, yesterday I was with my father trying to upgrade our old and loved Og Xbox, but I'm new with Xbox tools, and after some try and error trying to get Chimp to work. I ran accidentaly the XBP Table Writer after that, and all games in the F: and G: partitions were gone. Now when I try to send any file to these partitions via FTP using Filezilla, I get the error "550 Internal error" or "Failed to get folders"

I just ignored the error and got a DVD that I instaled the HexEn 2018, and with that I could clone my HD, but all the games that we had (Almost 120gb of games) are missing. Someone knows if there's any way to recover the games that I lost or at least recover the storage ? 

You probably wiped out your previous table and now have no access to the data on that drive. You may have also formatted the drive as well if that's what was indicated in the top right when you hit start and y. As far as I know, there is no tool that can recover unindexed files like there is for NTFS and FAT. Dang, man. Why did you have to hit start and Y? Lol. I feel for you dude. Maybe somebody here can confirm what I'm saying?

I tried to rewrite the partition using Rocky5's versions, but even doing that G partition doesn't have any free space, and I can't even upload anything via FTP.  I won't try to rewrite the F partition yet, because this partition is the bigger one with most of my games, so I'll try everything in the G partition first.

Do you think this is related to the fact that even rewriting the partition doesn't have space available?

xbp-weird-numbers.thumb.jpeg.a4874796c9fa6f55980d6125a2f14c13.jpegpartitions-info.thumb.jpeg.abf4791f1cfaf75d9d5c602ac6001cc2.jpeg

Sending these pictures to show that the FileManager is showing that both partitions are Full, but when I enter them, they are empty.

594089880_GandFpartitionsFull.thumb.jpeg.b4b2e51d9983759a52d1de7374282ce0.jpeg1547774823_BothareEmpty.thumb.jpeg.ff6d3516094b1705f500c8777bd1ba57.jpeg

Edited by Gamey

Hey, that's exactly what XBPartitioner looked like for me when Cerbios didn't have a table to reference after I went off of X3. Adjust the partition 6 size to take everything and make sure G is NADA. Then write that table, assuming that it reflects the size of what should be left over on your HDD after partitions 1-5. If that doesn't work, you may have formatted... but if all you did was run the table writer, you're probably okay. You just didn't have the right option selected when you accidentally wrote the table. You will want to make sure that F: gets everything. NO G:... assuming that that's how your drive was configured before this happened (You only had an F: partition and no G: at all)

On 10/30/2022 at 9:25 PM, Gamey said:

How is your console modded: soft or hard modded?

If softmodded, which softmod package was used to install it.  nDure, Softmod Installer Deluxe 5.xx (SID), Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool, etc.

If hard modded, which modified Xbox BIOS are you using?

The Problem

If the current LBA48 configuration is different than how it was originally formatted, the original extended partition data can no longer be accessed.  The original directory information is at a different location on the hard drive than where the current partition table is telling the system to find it.  If you wrote data to the new configuration, it will have corrupted the original data that was stored on the hard drive.  I think you will have to start over writing data/files to the F and G drives once they are correctly partitioned and formatted again.

Ok, I Give up trying to recover the Hard Drive. Luckily I found a list with all games that We had in the HD, and when I was looking in the partitions, I found that all saves are fine. So I just installed the new Hard Drive and started to download the games again.

Thank you everyone for helping me.
image.thumb.jpeg.90b9ef695e04334600ce009d134f2287.jpeg

Edited by Gamey
  • Like 1