OGXbox.com

Xbox light is half red / half orange?

willis

I have a softmodded xbox running xbmc emustation, my main question is does anyone know why the light would sometimes be half red / half orange? Other times it looks fine and does the normal orange color for softmodding. Even though it's half red / half orange it still seems to run and operate just fine. Anyone else have this?

7 hours ago, willis said:

I have a softmodded xbox running xbmc emustation, my main question is does anyone know why the light would sometimes be half red / half orange? Other times it looks fine and does the normal orange color for softmodding. Even though it's half red / half orange it still seems to run and operate just fine. Anyone else have this?

I'm assuming that those LEDs are triple pole and that there are two separate anodes in the LED bulb. It would take a combo of both to be orange (Red and Green). My guess is that one of the positive lines for green has been severed by rot, leaving that LED without green light to mix with the red for orange. Might want to check for that.

That theory can NOT account for intermittence, however, like you're describing. I'm assuming that the LEDs are SUPPOSED to be orange when you're running it the way you are, correct? I'm assuming this is meant to indicate that a BFM bios has been loaded for the softmod?

17 hours ago, willis said:

A loose or broken wire connection between the motherboard and the front panel PCB, broken current limiting resistor, dead LED, etc.  Lots of possible causes.  Take a look at the following modzone.dk archived forum thread:

Xbox: FrontPanel Mods

The information presented there should help you track down the cause of the problem and fix it.