OGXbox.com

Introducing my new project: ArdPromSD

dtomcat

33 minutes ago, Dtomcat18 said:

Thank you. So far it is.  Waiting on more stuff to ensure everything works (add on usb board and reset button to ensure you can upload firmware). Then I’ll test on my 1.0 board (vanilla… not modded in anyway… LPC holes still filled with solder)

I'm interested in seeing that and how you'll be hooking it up without the pin header.

the board is all tested and passed!  Works great.  I did do some code change to make a bit better.  I'll be making the boards promised next week (hopefully).  I do have family coming to town, so may be pushed until after Turkey day.  If you messaged me interested in a board, I'll message when I have all the boards made and tested.  I do not foresee anything that will not make them work... but I'll keep you posted.  Thank you for all the interest.  

P.S.  Just thought of another test i wanted to do... so I'll try to run that test tomorrow.   All my tests were on a hard modded 1.6 board... I do have a 1.0 board that is untouched.  I'll see if it all works on that board... then I'll give the green light for the rest of the boards.

Video: 

Just tested on 1.0 board (couldn't wait lol)... it works!

EDIT:  didn't test how I thought I would.  I wanted to use pogo pins, but they wouldn't fit into the pin header socket.  So I just used some pins I had laying around and just pressed them onto the filled in LPC port.  took a few tries, but it worked!  I did not test writing, because keep the connection long enough might be an issue.  If i made a jig with pogo pins, I know it would!  So... it's REALLY easy if you have a pin header in the LPC port... if not, then you really need someway to get pogo pins connected.  To write the eeprom, you'd only have to hold it in place like 10 seconds.  it's really fast.

Edited by Dtomcat18

I'd love one of these, I have a couple of consoles in the loft that have corrupted eeproms which my usual way of reading/writing has not fixed. I'm in the Uk though so shipping costs might make it impractical. Are you releasing the board layout etc? If so, hopefully someone on this side of the pond will pick up the design and produce a few for us fellow brits :) 

On 11/21/2022 at 3:02 AM, nikeymikey said:

I'd love one of these, I have a couple of consoles in the loft that have corrupted eeproms which my usual way of reading/writing has not fixed. I'm in the Uk though so shipping costs might make it impractical. Are you releasing the board layout etc? If so, hopefully someone on this side of the pond will pick up the design and produce a few for us fellow brits :) 

Yes.  I’ll be releasing it as open source. 

My boards are done and tested!  All seems good!  They still need pin header and test in Xbox (to test i2c). I don’t foresee any issues though.  If all passes, I’ll try to get the board uploaded by this weekend. Also created a test firmware to ensure all components are working (aside from i2c).

if you messaged me about wanting one… I’ll message you after final testing.  Expect a message around Thursday/Friday. 

5B4A7A4C-6209-4670-92B7-C44A13799855.jpeg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dtomcat18 said:

My boards are done and tested!  All seems good!  They still need pin header and test in Xbox (to test i2c). I don’t foresee any issues though.  If all passes, I’ll try to get the board uploaded by this weekend. Also created a test firmware to ensure all components are working (aside from i2c).

if you messaged me about wanting one… I’ll message you after final testing.  Expect a message around Thursday/Friday. 

5B4A7A4C-6209-4670-92B7-C44A13799855.jpeg

Awesome to hear it! I definitely look forward to seeing the message.

Just got my ArdPromSD. It arrived packaged very well in a black bubble bag, small box with a thank you sticker on it and thank you tissue paper inside and sliced cardboard padding on the bottom and the chip was inside an anti-static bag and although I haven't tested it yet, I'm confident it will work, as it has a QC Passed sticker on it lol. Looks like fine craftsmanship too. Thanks Dtomcat18!