OGXbox.com

Gta San Andreas PAL/EUR 480p

Lisko

Hi, I have an 1.1 og Xbox running on cerbios 2.0.3. I generally extract the isos and process them with dvd2xbox acl, and for most pal games is enough to let them run in NTSC @ 480p but with San Andreas it just returns to the dashboard if not playing in PAL mode. I also tried with the 480p game loader script from xbmc4gamers but it still runs interlaced. What else can I try? Could a force480p bios be of any help? Thanks

There is a patch* somewhere for this often reported problem which, I think, has probably nothing to do with the BIOS or at least that particular BIOS. 

Typically on a NTSC/region swapped to NTSC Xbox the PAL game runs the GTA: SA intro in 480p but on the start screen it swaps to 480i.

For me I didn't have any problem with the PAL GTA: SA/Vice City double pack version from disc or installed. However there's a mod version of GTA: SA which adds dinosaurs and other stuff I tried later and I did have that issue.

* On another forum I was given a link to a 'patched' version but it didn't solve the problem then someone else there provided another one which did. It might just have been the NTSC version default.xbe for all I know but there is that option to try if no other solution is offered here.  

6 hours ago, HDShadow said:

There is a patch* somewhere for this often reported problem which, I think, has probably nothing to do with the BIOS or at least that particular BIOS. 

Typically on a NTSC/region swapped to NTSC Xbox the PAL game runs the GTA: SA intro in 480p but on the start screen it swaps to 480i.

For me I didn't have any problem with the PAL GTA: SA/Vice City double pack version from disc or installed. However there's a mod version of GTA: SA which adds dinosaurs and other stuff I tried later and I did have that issue.

* On another forum I was given a link to a 'patched' version but it didn't solve the problem then someone else there provided another one which did. It might just have been the NTSC version default.xbe for all I know but there is that option to try if no other solution is offered here.  

Wait... can you theoretically use an NTSC xbe and it'll RUN in NTSC and just use all the resources appropriately?

Possibly - it won't do any harm to try. Backup the existing PAL default.xbe before doing it of course.

As said I have no idea what had been done, if anything, to modify the 'patched' default.xbe that eventually worked with the modded GTA:SA version that had the problem.

Up to you but I'd be tempted to suggest you just download and install the full NTSC version anyway even if only to test it.