TwiSteR

XBox Classic (V1.0) Gpu Heatsink W/O Cooler

Recently I got Xbox Classic (v1.0), and it has a little cooler on GPU heatsink (like every 1.0), which I would like to remove. Can I just take the fan off, and leave a heatsink without it? Has anyone tried it, and use the console that way? Also, I'll change a thermal paste with MX-4.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

I have done this quite a few times. I remove the heat sink that has the fan, and replace it with a heat sink from later revision Xboxes. Temps are about the same, but now they do not have a noisy fan consuming energy, just waiting to stop working.

I recommend everyone with a v1.0 to replace them.

I would not just remove the fan and use it though, the 1.1 heat sink does not cool enough without the fan.

I have heat sinks if you want one, just pay shipping and its yours.

Edited by John7272
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I'd like to get rid of that fan. It just make more dust on heat sink (over time) and noise. Somebody told me that he remove the fan from heat sink (on v1.0 Xbox), and the console worked like that for years without any problems Maybe it's possible, but I would not want to risk.

6 hours ago, John7272 said:

I have heat sinks if you want one, just pay shipping and its yours.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. It would be great if you can give me one heat sink. Where are you from?

Unfortunately, I didn't take heat sink from John7272 because he lives in the U.S., and I'm from Europe, and the shipping costs would be high. If someone else (but from Europe) has heat sink for GPU from Xbox revisions after v1.0, and don't need it anymore, I'd like to get it. Of course, I would pay shipping. Thanks in advance.

Sent from Honor 9

On 12/11/2018 at 6:18 AM, TwiSteR said:

Unfortunately, I didn't take heat sink from John7272 because he lives in the U.S., and I'm from Europe, and the shipping costs would be high. If someone else (but from Europe) has heat sink for GPU from Xbox revisions after v1.0, and don't need it anymore, I'd like to get it. Of course, I would pay shipping. Thanks in advance.

Sent from Honor 9

check out the solution for watercooling the xbox. the heatsink costs $9