OGXbox.com

OG Xbox Rev. 1.0 - Aladdin Advanced - Upgrade to 2TB - Bios recommendations

bachmma1

Hi,

I brought my og xbox back to live and it is still working. But I now want to upgrade it with a 2 TB disk.
I read a lot here in the forum and tried to find the components and bios I need for upgrade. So far my upgrade components are as follows:

• WD RE4 2 TB SATA (WD2003FYYS)
    • Unpartitioned; Deleted partitions with easeUs
    • never installed in a xbox
  • Delock 62510 SATA 2 IDE Adapter (Successor of Delock 61702); According to data sheet: contains Marvell 88SA8052
  • Asus 80wire 40pin IDE / PATA Cable
  • OGXBox 2021 (v1.5.4) Installer Disk
    • Thank you very much
    • Actual setup:
  • Xbox Rev. 1.0
  • WD 200 GB IDE (unlocked)
  • Aladdin Advanced with Xecuter2 4983.06 BIOS (256kb)
  • EvolutionX Dashboard (1.8.3752)

First I thought, I will go with a LBA48 modified/fixed EvoX M8+ CEE BIOS.
After some reading of topics/posts on this forum, I stumbled up on the Original Aladdin Advanced Mod Chip comment from SS_Dave, where he recommend "IND 5004.67" for the Aladdin Advanced.
Furthermore on youtube I saw the new CerBios 2.0.3R and found it here on the forum. This is is also a 256kb BIOS and as I get it right a brand new one.

I think I will go with XBMC4Gamers, but not sure.

Now I am not sure which BIOS I should use/flash to the Aladdin Advanced.
Do you may have recommondations for me, which BIOS I should use?

In addtion: Is the following plan I build in my head "correct"

1. Open box and disassemble
  2. Clean MB and DVD-Rom
  3. Remove clock capacitor
  4. Clean GPU and CPU from old paste
  5. Add new thermal paste on GPU and CPU
  6. Install new 2TB WD, Adapter and new 80wire IDE cable
  7. Reassemble / close box
  8. Depending on BIOS
    1. M8+ (EvoX.m8.cee.67.noDVD.evoxdash.256.bin) / IND 5004.67 (iND-BiOS.5004.67.bin)
      1. Cold boot to OGXBox 2021 Installer Disk
      2. Run 2.2.1.1. Flash EvoX 256KB Bios (1.0 – 1.4)
        OR Run 2.2.3.2. Flash iND Bios (1.0 - 1.4).
        1. Do I have to worry about the "Err16 fix" because I removed the Clock capacitor and want to install on a "brand new"/unpartitioned HDD?
      3. Run 3.1.2. AiO Setup a new large HDD
      4. Run 4.3.6. Install XBMC4Gamers
      5. 8.2. Reboot the System (Without DVD).
    2. CerBios 2.0.3R
      1. Completly follow 16TB in an OG Xbox? CERBIOS has arrived (Borderline OCD)
        1. Is the step "BIOS Selection" with FATXplorer possible if the HDD is only/lower 2 TB (as the description for "Cerbios, Titan" says -> Only available for disks larger than 2 TB.?
  9. Having fun with 2 TB of Space :)

Thank you very much in advance for your reply and help.

Best regards
bachmma1

Edited by bachmma1
grammar

I answered the question "Is the step "BIOS Selection" with FATXplorer possible if the HDD is only/lower 2 TB (as the description for "Cerbios, Titan" says -> Only available for disks larger than 2 TB.?" myself via just trying 😅

It is the case, that cerbios / titan is grayed out with the 2 TB HDD.

The latest cerbios or Titan patched Evox m8+. If the data sheet is correct your SATA to IDE should support UDMA 5, so I would take a bios (Cerbios or Titan) that can enable UDMA 5. It will give you a little speed boost on the HDD.

Furthermore, don't remove the past from the GPU/CPU. There is no reason to replace and the goo is hard to remove with risk of damaging your chips. Also there are no clear indications that it will improve your temps.

Last action you could look at installing a quieter fan. For me this was one of the most important upgrades, it makes gaming on my console a lot better.

HI @coldasijs

Thank you very much for your reply.

I will skip the CPU/GPU-paste steps and just leave them as they are now, until I notice a temp-increase / risk temp.
The tipp with a quiter fan is great, thanks. Didn't think about that - Lets see if I find one in my "old-tech-stuff-box" :)

So you would recommend CerBios/Titan on the Aladdin Advanced, if I get you right.

Greetz