OGXbox.com

Any recommendations for beginners?

TheGatekeeper24

Softmod the console then TSOP flash it with a modified Xbox BIOS. 

You don't even need to solder.  Simply use some conductive paint to bridge the TSOP's write-enable points, flash a modified BIOS to the TSOP. 

The console will be hard modded and work the same as if a basic 1 BIOS (Aladdin XT plus 2) was installed.  However, you will not be able to disable booting the modified BIOS since it is the only one available in the TSOP.

Which version is your Xbox?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

He could TSOP right away without softmodding. JUST saying. ;)

This is true, due to your awesomeness.

I second Kaos's opinion, 24. I should have mentioned conductive paint and TSOP flashing. WAY less stressful than soldering without experience. Kudos, Kaos.

Use Sweet's All-in-One TSOP flashing tool. It'll simplify the process significantly.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Softmod the console then TSOP flash it with a modified Xbox BIOS. 

You don't even need to solder.  Simply use some conductive paint to bridge the TSOP's write-enable points, flash a modified BIOS to the TSOP. 

The console will be hard modded and work the same as if a basic 1 BIOS (Aladdin XT plus 2) was installed.  However, you will not be able to disable booting the modified BIOS since it is the only one available in the TSOP.

Which version is your Xbox?

7 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

This is true, due to your awesomeness.

I second Kaos's opinion, 24. I should have mentioned conductive paint and TSOP flashing. WAY less stressful than soldering without experience. Kudos, Kaos.

Use Sweet's All-in-One TSOP flashing tool. It'll simplify the process significantly.

Thanks for the info everyone. I will try that as soon as I unbrick my hard-drive from a botched update lol

Also, the version of my Xbox is 1.4.

Edited by TheGatekeeper24