OGXbox.com

V1.6 Ram Upgrade Bios

Shadow07

I've near zero experience with hard mods on the og xbox. I'm pretty savvy with soldering so I'm considering doing a ram upgrade. I've got an aladdin XT clone in the mail. My question is this:

Which bios will I need to flash on a 1.6 xbox for it to recognize 1tb of storage and the 128mb of ram?

1 hour ago, moses_373 said:

From what I've heard, homebrew can benefit from ram, I wouldn't know myself, but some seem to rave about it.

i have 128, its not rave worthy. but its a bit better.

it also unlocks the sega chihiro games (meh)

I GUESS emulation is better... but not really? there are more games available to 128 boxes, arcade games mainly (i say mainly, but i think its only arcade).

on a side note, i would really love to see a "128mb only" rom list/downloadable pack, would be nice.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 30 November 2018 at 10:15 PM, wikati said:

i have 128, its not rave worthy. but its a bit better.

it also unlocks the sega chihiro games (meh)

I GUESS emulation is better... but not really? there are more games available to 128 boxes, arcade games mainly (i say mainly, but i think its only arcade).

on a side note, i would really love to see a "128mb only" rom list/downloadable pack, would be nice.

A 128 only list would get my vote.

Emulation is the only real reason to mem upgrade these days.

How many of us use them seriously for media playback now with HD and TVs that support network payback.