OGXbox.com

MakeMHZ project stellar

ShinGoutetsu

19 hours ago, luvbuckets said:

You're a sharp one. Can't get anything past bowlsnapper. All you're doing is talking shit. I don't get it, you don't even own the product. If you don't have any input on it, why are you even commenting here. You probably can't even come up with $140...

As if coming up with 140 for a never released modchip was somehow a measurement of worthiness to criticize. I make 300 a night in tips and drop money on a low hour CRT every week now, but yeah, just can't afford an overpriced modchip that's been out of stock for like 4 or 5 months anyway. So who the fuck am I? Lol. 

I have an Xecuter 3 with a control panel. It serves more of a purpose than a new stellar box. Why would I cripple my system and force it backwards so I can fit your definition of luxury you fuckin tool bag?

On 4/29/2023 at 10:22 AM, luvbuckets said:

I'm the guy who isn't acting like tommy tough-nuts on an internet forum... Like stated before, the mod chip is currently in beta. It's one of the reasons you don't see any YouTube reviews of the product yet. So why don't you wait 6 months and then start your bitching? It's obvious you're going to hate on this product no matter how good it is.

If the modchip is supposedly in beta, then why are you defending its release? I'm starting my bitching now because of the displayed business practices and ethics of the developer. Something you seem to have no problem defending and blowing off, which makes me wary of you, as well.

17 hours ago, luvbuckets said:

@Bowlsnapperis just being a pretentious fucktrumpet. There's allot of those people in the retro community. He mocks me for being nobody in this "scene". If these are the types of people who have clout here, I'm glad I'm not a well known part of it... I'm done posting on this forum. I'm not interested in communicating in a forum that tolerates behaviour like his. I know I won't be missed. Who gives a shit.

No, I mock you for having displayed and proven all of the ethical problems and logical issues/lies he has told the community in order to make a profit at the expense of the community.

Im not THAT well established in the community, but people seem to think that I have enough common sense and decency to get by. And I'm still here. Meanwhile, you have no established reputation and are already throwing in the towel. What does that tell you?

Go sit on it and rotate you fuckin premature fanboy... Or plant, since Dustin does noticeably have no presence here.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I hear you, I'm just saying as far as sales descriptions, but maybe I'm wrong... It didn't seem to be hyped as a "beta"product.

Yea… wish I remember where I got the info.  I have one and it’s working great.  I don’t judge those whom like/dislike it.  But I really like the hdmi.    In fact.  Should be finishing up my Xbox today and closing it up.  It has stellar/HD+v2, ogx360i, upgraded HDD.  Happy camper :)

5 minutes ago, Dtomcat18 said:

Yea… wish I remember where I got the info.  I have one and it’s working great.  I don’t judge those whom like/dislike it.  But I really like the hdmi.    In fact.  Should be finishing up my Xbox today and closing it up.  It has stellar/HD+v2, ogx360i, upgraded HDD.  Happy camper :)

Let me know how you like it and how well the features work. Would ya? ;)

23 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Let me know how you like it and how well the features work. Would ya? ;)

So far… was only one issue (froze on update… added my dvd drive back in and worked perfectly after).  Bug has since been fixed.  “Remove softmod” feature deleted more than supposed to and had to rebuild C.   Besides that.  Works great.  Put in a new 2TB drive.  So far.  Everything works great.  Haven’t tried any games on insignia yet though 

1 hour ago, Dtomcat18 said:

So far… was only one issue (froze on update… added my dvd drive back in and worked perfectly after).  Bug has since been fixed.  “Remove softmod” feature deleted more than supposed to and had to rebuild C.   Besides that.  Works great.  Put in a new 2TB drive.  So far.  Everything works great.  Haven’t tried any games on insignia yet though 

Okay, good news there. How do you feel about it being a separate base to build things from? Is the mod worth it on its own? How cool are the newer features?

On 5/1/2023 at 5:52 AM, luvbuckets said:

@Bowlsnapperis just being a pretentious fucktrumpet. There's allot of those people in the retro community. He mocks me for being nobody in this "scene". If these are the types of people who have clout here, I'm glad I'm not a well known part of it... I'm done posting on this forum. I'm not interested in communicating in a forum that tolerates behaviour like his. I know I won't be missed. Who gives a shit.

Good by

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Thanks 1

On 4/30/2023 at 7:39 PM, luvbuckets said:

You're a sharp one. Can't get anything past bowlsnapper. All you're doing is talking shit. I don't get it, you don't even own the product. If you don't have any input on it, why are you even commenting here. You probably can't even come up with $140...

Wtf!! I don't own the product either but that doesn't mean I cant see it's flaws. IF MakeMhz decides that they will do the honourable thing and support everything LEGACY inc Cerbios/CCI, then I will be in for 4 or 5 Stellars. Until that happens Stellar is a big let down so far to me and MANY others. 

PS if there's anyone talking shit here its you dude :)

• Like 2

On 4/30/2023 at 8:52 PM, luvbuckets said:

Thank god for that. Bye then. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Okay, good news there. How do you feel about it being a separate base to build things from? Is the mod worth it on its own? How cool are the newer features?

From what I can gather, the new features are not ready yet. It seems to me that Stellar was released too soon, none of the hyped up new features are ready and at this point in time Stellar is basically just an over engineered fix for the HDMI mod. 

Take HDMI out of it and right now it seems there is nothing Stellar can do that you cannot do for free already. 

3 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

From what I can gather, the new features are not ready yet. It seems to me that Stellar was released too soon, none of the hyped up new features are ready and at this point in time Stellar is basically just an over engineered fix for the HDMI mod. 

Take HDMI out of it and right now it seems there is nothing Stellar can do that you cannot do for free already. 

That was pretty much my assessment, yes. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2023 at 7:39 PM, luvbuckets said:

hi dustin

• Haha 2

Sorry if this has been asked before but. I'm new to the Xbox mod world. I have the the Project Stellar install and its working. I now want upgrade my HD I have the 2tb drive, cable and IDE card. Now how do I go about installing the drive. I don't see anything in the stellar about upgrading to a new drive. Does anyone have a list of the steps I need to take. All I can find is steps using a softmod. Thank You

13 hours ago, Dajjaj said:

Sorry if this has been asked before but. I'm new to the Xbox mod world. I have the the Project Stellar install and its working. I now want upgrade my HD I have the 2tb drive, cable and IDE card. Now how do I go about installing the drive. I don't see anything in the stellar about upgrading to a new drive. Does anyone have a list of the steps I need to take. All I can find is steps using a softmod. Thank You

Hi new guy!! You will probably need to head to the MakeMhz discord for any instructions specific to Stellar. All the guides you will find here are based on previously existing methods. The info you are looking for is likely in the same place as the install guide you used to install Stellar. 

@everyone else, On a separate note, does anyone else find it a little strange that a complete newbie to the Xbox modding scene gets their hands on the first batch of a brand new modchip? Also has installed it with zero issues but doesn't know how to change the hdd? 

Sorry if I'm coming off as a little sarcastic but it wouldn't be the first time someone has come in this thread pretending to be someone they are not...... 

Edited by nikeymikey
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

Hi new guy!! You will probably need to head to the MakeMhz discord for any instructions specific to Stellar. All the guides you will find here are based on previously existing methods. The info you are looking for is likely in the same place as the install guide you used to install Stellar. 

@everyone else, On a separate note, does anyone else find it a little strange that a complete newbie to the Xbox modding scene gets their hands on the first batch of a brand new modchip? Also has installed it with zero issues but doesn't know how to change the hdd? 

Sorry if I'm coming off as a little sarcastic but it wouldn't be the first time someone has come in this thread pretending to be someone they are not...... 

Interesting observation... I admire your logic and reasoning. :P

I had already bought some XBOX's Back in Oct of last year, and starting looking for mod information. When I found MakeMhz preorder site so I ordered one. I got it two weeks ago, Now I am new to the Xbox mod world but I'm not new to working on computers boards. Installing a header board is childs play.

I'm not a big fan of discord but have looked for the information I needed. I did not want to to put together 50 posts to maybe get it right. So was hopping something here has already done it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dajjaj said:

I had already bought some XBOX's Back in Oct of last year, and starting looking for mod information. When I found MakeMhz preorder site so I ordered one. I got it two weeks ago, Now I am new to the Xbox mod world but I'm not new to working on computers boards. Installing a header board is childs play.

I'm not a big fan of discord but have looked for the information I needed. I did not want to to put together 50 posts to maybe get it right. So was hopping something here has already done it.

You should receive some instructions shortly. Although setting ups a HDD is pretty straightforward.

On 5/1/2023 at 12:03 PM, Bowlsnapper said:

I haven’t really used any “features”.  I mostly got it for the HDMI mod. I didn’t really use any features of any mod to be honest.  I use it for HDMI and load my dash :)

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Dajjaj said:

Fair enough guv, in that case swapping a hdd with a modchip is easy, however as you have a Stellar chip there are some things you will need to avoid as Stellar does not support them. Anything related to the bios called Cerbios is currently unsupported so make sure you dont use that. If you are planning on using a sata drive with an adapter then you can set up your drive on your pc by using FatXplorer. If you have a drive over 2tb then you will need to use the Titan patches when doing the formatting. 

Tbh i'm surprised that Stellar doesn't offer a plug and play type install of new drives. The X3 chip from the 00's did that. You just installed your drive and booted into the chip's menu and selected the drive setup option. I would check out that option first, see if Stellar has that ability. 

A new FatXplorer beta should be out shortly.  It’ll have a Stellar option for formatting drives (no timeline… but I think shortly).  Also stellar firmware 1.1.0 is coming with legacy drive support (not exactly sure what that means… but I think it’s the F+G option vs everything on F)

8 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

Fair enough guv, in that case swapping a hdd with a modchip is easy, however as you have a Stellar chip there are some things you will need to avoid as Stellar does not support them. Anything related to the bios called Cerbios is currently unsupported so make sure you dont use that. If you are planning on using a sata drive with an adapter then you can set up your drive on your pc by using FatXplorer. If you have a drive over 2tb then you will need to use the Titan patches when doing the formatting. 

Tbh i'm surprised that Stellar doesn't offer a plug and play type install of new drives. The X3 chip from the 00's did that. You just installed your drive and booted into the chip's menu and selected the drive setup option. I would check out that option first, see if Stellar has that ability. 

Thanks guys a great help. I am using a 2tb sata drive with adapter. I see that FatXplorer is at bata 3.0. Should I wait for 3.1 with stellar option?

When I bought the stellar I was hoping it would be a plug and play for my drive. I'm thinking it will get there but not yet.