OGXbox.com

MakeMHZ project stellar

ShinGoutetsu

Looks pretty awesome, kernel debug gear built it, as well as a load of troubleshooting stuff with that built in screen. A brief mention of "insignia enhancements" wonder what that means.

Netloading iso/hdd images could be awesome. Titan support, no mention of cerbios however.

Finally: 256mb RAM support, lolwut never heard of that mod. Guessing it's like the 1.6 128mb where you stack the ram chips

Holy SHIT.

Looks like we FINALLY have a successor to the Xecuter 3... a considerable one. This will make Cerbios redundant, and will add native unpatched support for the HD+... and we have a widescreen 720p boot animation. :)

Don't know what the 256MB RAM support business is all about. That's new to me too. WTF?

I LOVE MakeMHZ.

2 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Holy SHIT.

Looks like we FINALLY have a successor to the Xecuter 3... a considerable one. This will make Cerbios redundant, and will add native unpatched support for the HD+... and we have a widescreen 720p boot animation. :)

Don't know what the 256MB RAM support business is all about. That's new to me too. WTF?

I LOVE MakeMHZ.

Won’t make cerbios redundant as it requires specific hardware at $70, folk want stuff for free if they can get it. 

it’s not a new bios, (per say) it’s essentially a softmod that patches the kernel (must be supplied) in memory dynamically. It uses custom libraries (like DLLs according to Dustin) to patch functions etc…

So it’s tied to hardware and there is no way to use stellar outside of the stellar modchip. (As it’s not a bios, it’s a set of library’s)

7 hours ago, Rocky5 said:

Won’t make cerbios redundant as it requires specific hardware at $70, folk want stuff for free if they can get it. 

it’s not a new bios, (per say) it’s essentially a softmod that patches the kernel (must be supplied) in memory dynamically. It uses custom libraries (like DLLs according to Dustin) to patch functions etc…

So it’s tied to hardware and there is no way to use stellar outside of the stellar modchip. (As it’s not a bios, it’s a set of library’s)

The X3 bios was tied to hardware, and I didn't mind because it was a good product. Certain things people are willing to pay for. I DO take your point about Cerbios, though. You can't beat free in most cases, and Cerbios truly is an amazing achievement, especially in the time that it's been growing. 

I still think this is kickass, though. It seems to have been a lot of work, both in hardware AND software. I'd be willing to pay for what this offers... but that's just me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bowlsnapper said:

The X3 bios was tied to hardware, and I didn't mind because it was a good product. Certain things people are willing to pay for. I DO take your point about Cerbios, though. You can't beat free in most cases, and Cerbios truly is an amazing achievement, especially in the time that it's been growing. 

I still think this is amazing though. It seems to have been a lot of work, both in hardware AND software. I'd be willing to pay for what this offers... but that's just me.

I must say the new hardware does look sexy :)  They sold out on pre orders for the cmbo so I will wait and see how this all turns out.

• Like 1

Lots of cool features. I'm very curious to see where this project goes. It's just the beginning, and it already offers several very interesting tricks. Loading HDD images + ISOs over LAN is pretty nice. Auto-UDMA. Native X1 controller support. Plus I'm really interested in how the dual-core ARM co-proccessor and the FPGA chips are going to be used.

This could let you store an Xbox HDD image on an SD card (inserted into the Stellar chip), boot from that image, then stream games over LAN... all while using an X1 controller. This is like something you'd see in a troll post, except it's real.

I bet you could even store your Xbox HDD image on a network share and share it between Xemu on a PC and a physical Xbox. Idk why you'd want to, but you could. Lol

This is all pretty wild stuff. 😆 And it's just the beginning. I can't wait to see what kind of plugins people make, considering the kernel now has 8MB of space instead of 200KB.

I pre-ordered a kit. Excited to see what becomes of this.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ShinGoutetsu said:

I could probably come up with something custom that might work, maybe similar to this

Maybe in a little bit nicer. I personaly would like to have the buttons in the middle under the power button (Like Team Xecuter has made as an addon). And maybe, just maybe, 1 USB port would be enough. It would look sleeker IMO. A display would fit no problem, whitout let it look like tuned Golf GTI from the eighties. 

11 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Maybe in a little bit nicer. I personaly would like to have the buttons in the middle under the power button (Like Team Xecuter has made as an addon). And maybe, just maybe, 1 USB port would be enough. It would look sleeker IMO. A display would fit no problem, whitout let it look like tuned Golf GTI from the eighties. 

Of course, it was just an example. I can easily add a USB port but I see no need for the buttons unless they would have a purpose with this modchip. We will have to wait and see what additional features are supported by the front panel connector I suppose.

On 11/20/2022 at 2:31 PM, big F said:

The buttons are probably less than needed these days as most of us just install a Bios and live with it some one updates it.  Its far from the old days of needing to test Bios and not brick your box or get it banned fro. Xboxlive.

I still use those buttons on my X3 CP fairly regularly......swapping between overclocked bioses and the X3 bios etc, but I am probably an edge case :)