OGXbox.com

Xbox Flashing red/Green after Strip Down

noz1380

I have a crystal xbox that has been running fine with a x3 chip, I believe its a 1.4 with a Focus video chip.

I flashed the bios and set it up for a 2tb hard drive and all was fine.

I have stripped the xbox down, cleaned everything, removed the heat sinks, cleaned and added new thermal paste.

After rebuilding the xbox it fires up, 3x green blinks between power down then sits flashing red/green.  It does the same if I have the x3 in or not.

Have I damaged the board while handling?  I have checked the chip soldering and D0, cleaned and re-flowed/re-soldered.  But it still behaves the same.

Any ideas/advice?

So it behaves the same with or without the chip.

No display going to the tele.

I put a reasonable amount on.  I have removed the heatsinks, cleaned and re-applied thermal paste.

I have re-flowed all the solder again on the bottom pins, and removed, cleaned and re-soldered the D0 too.  The D0 is to the x3, not ground.

It still behaves the same, with or without the x3

Edited by noz1380

1 hour ago, Prehistoricman said:

Is this the first time the heatsinks were removed? Did you apply a lot of force to remove them? Any crunching noises? ;)

The cpu came off fine, the gpu was a pain. I warmed it a little and it released. Tho I did have to use a spludger to leaver the retainer off.