OGXbox.com

Set BIOs for different dash

Lexieye

Hello all

i have a hard-modded XBox that has 2 BIOS chips

my question is how do I set the CerBios to boot the XBMC Origins dash, because I also have a Series X boot flubber and that would kind of SWEET 

see video of boot below

and then have the IND-BIOS boot XBMC4Gamers

If I use HEXEN 2018 after I choose my bios and then boot that BIOS, will HEXEN do everything for me to set 

BIOS 1._dash XBMC4GAMERS 

BIOS 2._dash XBMC ORIGINS

Edited by Lexieye
Spelling mistakes

HeXEn does nothing, it's not made to da anything useful.

There are some steps you have/can to do. 

OPTION 1

1. Create a shortcut with XBE Shortcut maker 2.0 which point to your first dash XBMC4GAMERS (e.g. E:\XBMC4GAMERS\default.xbe) Name of the XBE should be evoxdash.xbe

2. Create a shortcut with XBE Shortcut maker 2.0 which point to your second dash XBMC ORIGINS (not to sure where you have it so maybe :  E:\XBMC\default.xbe) Name of the XBE should be evoxdash.xbe

3. Copy the files in place. Copy one to C:\ and the other to E:\

4 Edit the cerbios.ini and the ind.ini and point one to C:\evoxdash.xbe and the other to E:\evoxdash.xbe

OPTION 2

Edit the cerbios.ini and point the first boot entry to the dash you like to boot " E:\XBMC4GAMERS\default.xbe"

Edit the ind.inind point the first boot entry to the dash you like to boot "E:\XBMC\default.xbe" or "E:\XBMC Origins\default.xbe" (Again idk the path for your install here).

Both options will work fine. And at the end it didn't realy matter whcih one you pick. 

• Like 3

Not a big fan of HeXEn either.

Option 3

Building off what sweetdarkdestiny said:

First put the evoxdash.xbe from Rocky5 Xbox Softmodding Tool on the C drive, this to get this whole thing to work properly. Now you're setup with a ton of fallbacks, just in case. While there on the README, take a look at "Show dashboard load order" to see the order it executes the next dashboard when it can't find one; if nothing else, just for future reference. Note: make sure at least one of the dashboards in the load order listed on Xbox Softmodding Tool's readme matches one of your dashes locations.

Then install Dashloader Customizer from 4gamers' URL Downloader and setup some on-boot dashboard button shortcuts to your various dashboards. Make sure the C:\Dashloader directory and the button cfg files within said directory get generated upon save (check this via FTP or File Manager etc; let me know if it doesn't show up.)

With that you'll be able to hold down the custom button shortcut and it will launch what ever dash you set in the Customizer for said button. The customize will pop open a file search modal so you can traveres the directories for your dashboards; in most cases, set the default.xbe for each dash. Also, set a recovery dashboard too, while you're at it.

Then have iND boot the Rocky5 evoxdash.xbe, using its ind-bios.cfg file (possibly the default already, but double check.) Or have Cerb boot it instead using its cerbios.ini file. One or the other.

Then for the other one (that's not booting evoxdash.xbe), create a separate shortcut using the XBE Shortcut Make 2.0 and call it xbmcorigin.xbe or call it xbmc4gamers.xbe or similar, so you know exactly what it's for (depending on which one you didn't set to use evoxdash.xbe, that is, that other one should be named after itself.) Make sure the paths line up.

Placing them both on C is fine, since that's where these dashboard shortcuts normally exist. And since they have different names they won't collide (although in a different locations is fine too, like on E; but C is often home for such things.)

Make note of the partitions if using a different path: https://xboxdevwiki.net/Hard_Drive#Partitions - this for when you're (carefully) editing the bios config files.

With that you'll have the best defaults with fallbacks (rocky5's evoxdash.xbe that will find a bunch of dashes), to launch one or the other, the Dashloader Customizer buttons on boot to choose any of a bunch of dashes you set custom buttons for and finally a custom xbmcorigin.xbe or xbmc4gamers.xbe shortcut for those times when Cerb is in play (or iND, depending one which one ends up using evoxdash.xbe etc.)

While you're at it might as well throw on UnleashX (zip) for better FTP. I like setting this to use the X button and as my recovery dash, but you do you.

Edited by Natetronn
  • Like 1