OGXbox.com

Extended C:// partition

Lexieye

Hello all

i do appreciate any advice and respect  any knowledge added to this post

I have a 1TB 1.3 XBox that is hard modded and I want to clone the 1TB to  a 2TB and extend the C:// partition.

I have googled my question but I am just going in circles.

there is only 270 kB space left on C:// and applications like Avalauch have a warning message stuck on the screen at all times saying

MAJOR error !! C:// is full, things will stop working!

If I wanted to extend the C:// partition surely I would need modded bio’s? and how would I do this?

I think XPartitioner is stuck with a softmod setup of leaving C:// at 1...x gig?

added Question 2:

is it possible to have a cloned shadow C:// drive (like an Un-modified XBox MS Dash setup) cloned as a seperate partition that I could boot into? 

( example )     my modchip has two banks, so could one bank boot XBMC4Gamers and the other bank boot the Original Stock MS Dash?

15 hours ago, Lexieye said:

Hello all

i do appreciate any advice and respect  any knowledge added to this post

I have a 1TB 1.3 XBox that is hard modded and I want to clone the 1TB to  a 2TB and extend the C:// partition.

I have googled my question but I am just going in circles.

there is only 270 kB space left on C:// and applications like Avalauch have a warning message stuck on the screen at all times saying

MAJOR error !! C:// is full, things will stop working!

If I wanted to extend the C:// partition surely I would need modded bio’s? and how would I do this?

I think XPartitioner is stuck with a softmod setup of leaving C:// at 1...x gig?

added Question 2:

is it possible to have a cloned shadow C:// drive (like an Un-modified XBox MS Dash setup) cloned as a seperate partition that I could boot into? 

( example )     my modchip has two banks, so could one bank boot XBMC4Gamers and the other bank boot the Original Stock MS Dash?

What files are on your C drive?.  There should be much more than 270KBs free.  More like 250-300MBs.  The stock dashboard uses ~168MBs of the 500MBs available.

15 hours ago, Lexieye said:

How is your console modded? 

If softmodded, you cannot change the size of the stock partitions: C, E, X, Y and Z. 

And, even on a hard modded console, I do not recommend changing the sizes of any of the stock partitions.

Sorry for the late reply

it is Hard Modded with a Aladdin XBlast Modchip.

I have modded bios

bank 1 IND-bios_5003.06.bin

bank 2 CerBios. V2.02

if I give you a list can you say what is safe to delete from C Drive 

C Drive 272.0 kb free space

BIOS folder 256.0 kb

it seems the XBlast modchip will fail to boot the Cerbios if it’s not in C/BIOS even when its fashed to a bank?

dashloader folder 442 B

Do Not Touch anything in here 0 B

media 1.16 MB

nkpatcher 494.5

xodash 1.48 kb 

cerbios.ini 1.58 kb

evoXdash.xbe 64 kb

ind-bios l.cfg 3.93 kb

x2config.ini 2.44 kb

xboxdash.xbe 1.84 MB

XboxDash_ffp.xbe 0 B

2 hours ago, Lexieye said:

Sorry for the late reply

it is Hard Modded with a Aladdin XBlast Modchip.

I have modded bios

It was previously softmodded though since it has the Do not touch anything in here folder.

Thus, the file that holds the shadowC drive's content, shadowC.img, is still present in the C:\nkpatcher\shadowc folder.  Actually, the entire nkpatcher folder is not needed for a hard modded console.

Edit: And, the stock Xbox dashboard files are not present on the C drive.