OGXbox.com

Team Resurgent releases Repackinator v1.0

Natetronn

Hi Everyone,

Repackinator v1.0 is now available. Its source & executable can found on our github https://github.com/Team-Resurgent/Repackinator. We are also excited to collaborate with the community to bring additional features & enhancements to Repackinator. Please feel free to commit to our Github Repo. A Patreon has also been set up for those who wish to say thanks or donate. https://www.patreon.com/teamresurgent. Keep an eye out on for further Team Resurgent releases coming soon. Support & Discussions can be found on the Xbox-Scene Discord https://discord.gg/VcdSfajQGK in the General room Under Team Resurgent.

Thanks!

Edited by Natetronn
added tags
  • Like 1

Repackinator V1.0.1 released, now with Linux & Mac Support and standalone CLI version

This release brings Repackinator to Linux and Mac and adds a standalone CLI version. Downloads found here:

https://github.com/Team-Resurgent/Repackinator/releases

Looking for testers, particularly for the Mac version. Please report any bugs on Github Issues.

A CLI only version has been added (currently named Repackinator; vs RepackinatorUI for the GUI version)

Note: in the future, we'd like get more descriptive with their naming, so it's more clear which one is which e.g. Repackinator-CLI and Repackinator-UI etc. but, we wanted to get this out there for the UNIX-y types, sooner than later.

@Natetronn it maybe helps to explain what repackinator does, so people now why they want to go to github to download in stead of first figuring out on github :) 

If I understand correctly, and please correct me if I’m wring, is that repackignator splits your redump iso (full disc iso) into 2 dvd iso’s and automagically generates the right default.xbe so you can load it directly with cerbios or other iso-patched biosses (Evox/Ind). Sounds like a very cool program.

I thought these bioses were only able to mount *.xiso. Any plans to add xiso conversion in the future? Would save a lot of diskspace compared to normal iso

@coldasijsthanks for the suggestion. Mostly just trying to get it out there and I don't have full access here yet lol (to post images and such.) Maybe we can do a more "proper launch" later.

Yes, that's correct. Currently it makes a mostly 1:1 clone from pure dumped ISO, minus the video partition, which is removed during processing. It then splits into two so it can be used on the console. It's also creating the default.xbe (the new Attach courtesy of Team Cerbios) and updates its title in the process, depending on what you set in the app (normal or alt title), this so it reads nice in-dash and meets the char limit etc. Also pulls the image. And yes, it's setup to work on those bioses that can run xiso directly, like you said; this is better than hdd ready, many of which require patching and could potentially be tampered with.

On that note, it also runs a few checks to verify the validity of the original dump, that it is in fact original (based on Title ID, CRC-32 checksum etc.) You can cross reference this by running the checksum on your own dumps (7zip has checksum feature in its context menu on Win) and or verify on the redump database (look for CRC-32.)

More features are being added and we're continuing to test, both the app and compatibility (playablity.) Yesterday we added Linux and OSX support in V1.0.1, for example (Mac OSX Sierra+ testers needed.)

In its current state, ti was opted for 1:1, this for the most compatibility vs size. Maybe in the future a "shrink" feature can be added as well, similar to how extract-xiso works, for example, where uneeded padding is removed and the result is a smaller file size that doesn't need to be split (in most cases, but not all.) Should such a feature be added, we'd have to start the compatibility testing over for that, this to determine which will run shrunk without crashes and errors etc. and which will only run at full size. A very select few may have to be patched (like TOCA, e.g.) but the majority will now work untouched, shrunk or otherwise.

Note: at least in theory, one can recombine the two iso, using cat command, for example, then use extract-xiso or similar to remove the padding / shrink (for game over ~4.3-ish, one still might have to split again, using split or fsplit etc.)

Everyone is welcome to contribute, help with testing and submit bug and feature requests. A compatibility site is in the works, but currently we're using a google doc for that.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EzMsO5IQA43mXSP-pL0BNsxxMsVG1fWvkROUWaNkHO4/edit#gid=0

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, si_kabayan said:

What's new addition to this attach.xbe compared to driveimageutils's version?

I'm not familiar with driveimageutils's version directly (just in general), so I can't comment on that. The new attach has been modernized to work on Cerbios and is backwards compatible with the older bioses that support XISO.

I've asked for a bit more detail in the Discord, but for now these are some past replies we were able to dig up.

per Rocky5 earlier:
They have basically consolidated all the virtual drive stuff into 1 xbe so it can be used depending on the image next to it. 

So it’s no longer just the attach.xbe for games. It’s also a virtual drive attach xbe and a virtual memory card attacher (though not sure why memory card.)

Basically 1 xbe to do all tasks.

Per Team Ceribos:

Hi there, our attach uses updated structures for doing, isos, disks and memcards, etc.

Unfortunately these structures are not backwards compatible with existing bioses [now backwards compatible.]

While the previous attach.xbe will work with our bios as we have added support for it directly in the bios itself, unfortunately other bioses won't be able mount using our attach as they won't understand these structures [now backwards compatible.]

Edited by Natetronn
additional info

On 9/24/2022 at 9:42 PM, Natetronn said:

Hi Everyone,

Repackinator v1.0 is now available. Its source & executable can found on our github https://github.com/Team-Resurgent/Repackinator. We are also excited to collaborate with the community to bring additional features & enhancements to Repackinator. Please feel free to commit to our Github Repo. A Patreon has also been set up for those who wish to say thanks or donate. https://www.patreon.com/teamresurgent. Keep an eye out on for further Team Resurgent releases coming soon. Support & Discussions can be found on the Xbox-Scene Discord https://discord.gg/VcdSfajQGK in the General room Under Team Resurgent.

Thanks!

Thank you for this.  So awesome the Xbox OG still getting love in 2022.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/25/2022 at 6:17 PM, Natetronn said:

Looking for testers, particularly for the Mac version. Please report any bugs on Github Issues.

I use a Mac and could test for you. Ran on my mac, and it's almost unusable; painfully slow. Crashes in Windows 10, which is why I tried Mac.

Edited by tonelab77

5 hours ago, tonelab77 said:

I use a Mac and could test for you. Ran on my mac, and it's almost unusable; painfully slow. Crashes in Windows 10, which is why I tried Mac.

This was posted nearly six months ago so I’m pretty sure it’s been tested. Please be aware of that when reposting to avoid reviving very old and dead posts. 

• Haha 1