OGXbox.com

Change Game Language in Burnout 3

dstruan

Dear all,

currently I'm a little bit confused and i have no clue where to search for a solution.

Okay ... I prepared a xbox v1.1 with modchip (Aladdin XP), the installation is done as alwaws ... Basic Setup from DVD, then copying all the stuff via FTP from my NAS Server. So far so good. I general I would expect that every xbox I prepare would behavior like the other. But I figure out a strange behavior on one box … and really one box only (I have 5 at the moment).

Okay, after copying all the things (Clean TDATA, clean (UDATA) on the HDD, I can start the box like charm, run xbmc4xbox and start “Burnout 3”. To my surprise on that dedicated xbox starts in French … On all the others xbox it starts in German.

Okay, stranger, if I install the HDD from that xbox into one of the other boxed … The game starts in German language. Same if start the HDD of one of the other boxes in that strange xbox … the game starts in French.

Okay, seems to be something on the Hardware, but when I check the EEPROM Settings with “ConfigMagic”, the settings on each Box are similar …

Okay, exchanging the Modchip and use other Bios … Same behavior on the strange box … Burnout 3 still runs in French …

As I said … Software and Games are copied from NAS to xbox and path and files are the same (copied Burnout again and again).

So where to find the hidden setting, what might be a solution ??

Any hint welcome …

Thanks

Dear all,

while writing this post (sometimes its great to summarize and structure your problems in a writtenform) ... I had the Idea to start xboxdash.xbe and change the language setting their as well ... and ...

Now game starts in German language mode ... without anymore changes ...

Are their some xbox tools where you can read (and modify) the "Boxsettings"?

I only know "Config Magic" but it doesn't show the language settings of the xbox ...

Thanks  

If hardmodded, run the stock MS dashboard to set the language from the menu:

• Settings
    • Language

If softmodded with Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool, run the NKPatcher Settings application then go to menu option:

• 2. EEPROM
    • 2.1 Advanced Settings
      • 2.1.3 System Language
        • Select a language

PC App

@Ernegienhas an application to edit the configuration EEPROM settings on your PC - XboxEepromEditor available at github.com.  Source code and executable release version 1.0.0.1 are available for download:

Ernegien/XboxEepromEditor: Original Xbox EEPROM Editor (github.com)

When used in conjunction with an Arduino Nano and @Ryzee119's ArduinoProm software, XboxEepromEditor can read the configuration EEPROM's content, edit the settings, then upload the modified content back to the EEPROM.  The Arduino must be connected to the SDA, SCL and ground pins of the LPC Debug port or associated pins of the 24C02 8-pin serial EEPROM chip as shown at the ArudinoProm github repository.

Reboot the console for the updated settings to take effect.

You don't have to have an Arduino.  You could use Evoxdash or ConfigMagic to create an eeprom.bin file, download it, open it with XboxEepromEditor, edit the settings, save an updated eeprom.bin file, upload it to the Xbox then restore it using ConfigMagic.  Reboot the console for the updated settings to take effect.

Closing Thoughts

I don't know of an application on the Xbox that allows you to edit all of the settings that are available in the EEPROM.  I don't know why TeamAssembly left a few of them out of ConfigMagic.  

Edit: Reworded content.