OGXbox.com

Video distortion / interference

CO55Y

Hi guys,

I was previously using a set of third party component cables, but I was getting a lot of interference (faint wavy lines, etc).

I made a set of component cables using an official Xbox av cable and an official Xbox 360 component cable, as detailed in the tutorial section of this site.

The picture quality is now much better, however, I'm still getting distortions in the video - several glitchy horizontal lines, but always at the same locations.

The same distortion was also there when using the third party cables (albeit with a lot of interference too), so I'm not sure if it's a problem with the cables or with the console.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues and knows what caused them.

A video of the distortion is shown here:

Cheers

I've opened up the Xbox but I can't see any bulging or leaking capacitors.

Also, I've noticed that the distortions only seem to appear on 480i/p games. If something is running at 720p there are no noticeable glitches, etc.

Could it be due to anything else, or is it still likely to be the capacitors?

Cheers

xbox-IMG_2905-2.jpg

xbox-IMG_2906-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...