OGXbox.com

.XMV Movie file format for videos

willis

SPPV has created a conversion application, ANY2XMV; however, the repository where I think I saw it has disappeared sometime in the last week or two.  He had two Xbox modding scene repos of content he'd collected and created some of - GREPO and GREPO2 - but they are now EMPTY. :(

I did find links to the lastest ANY2XMV 4 release in the forum thread [NEW] ANY2XMV 4 at emuxtras.net:

Packed version download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/6e7hloyhmkm851w/Any2XMV4.7z/file
Unpacked version download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/zmjezcmu6e7uttw/Unpacked.7z/file

Read the forum thread for more information.

• Thanks 1

Tools I made to make stuff simpler. 

Convert to XMV

Resize MP4 to Xbox size

if you’re converting stuff to xmv for emustation, don’t. Use the MP4 one above to convert everything. (You can leave the xmvs you already have or convert them to MP4 too)

XBMC doesn’t really like XMV, and since there were different version used throughout the years XBMC struggle with them as it uses an open source codec and not the official MS one. 

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
On 20/09/2022 at 07:53, Rocky5 said:

Ferramentas que fiz para simplificar as coisas. 

Conversor para XMV

Redimensionar MP4 para o tamanho do Xbox

se você estiver convertendo coisas para xmv para emustation, não. Use o MP4 acima para converter tudo. (Você pode deixar os xmvs que já tem ou convertê-los para MP4 também)

O XBMC realmente não gosta de XMV e, como havia versões diferentes usadas ao longo dos anos, o XBMC luta com eles, pois usa um codec de código aberto e não o oficial do MS. 

On 21/09/2022 at 00:26, willis said:

Ei, Rocky5, como você usa a ferramenta Resize MP4 to Xbox size?

I put an mp4 video to convert to Xmv and it gave an error. What do I do?

Em 20/09/2022 em 07:53, Rocky5 disse:

Ferramentas que fiz para simplificar as coisas. 

Conversor para XMV

Redimensionar MP4 para o tamanho do Xbox

se você estiver convertendo coisas para xmv para emustation, não. Use o MP4 acima para converter tudo. (Você pode deixar os xmvs que já tem ou convertê-los para MP4 também)

O XBMC realmente não gosta de XMV e, como havia versões diferentes usadas ao longo dos anos, o XBMC luta com eles, pois usa um codec de código aberto e não o oficial do MS. 

Coloquei um vídeo mp4 para converter para Xmv e deu erro. O que eu faço?

20230608_061820.jpg

Edited by bradock021

This might help with the above - Spanish > English translation:-

Tools I made to simplify things.

Converter to XMV

Resize MP4 to Xbox size

If you're converting stuff to xmv for emustation, don't. Use above MP4 to convert everything. (You can leave the xmvs you already have or convert them to MP4 as well).

XBMC really doesn't like XMV and since there were different versions used over the years, XBMC struggles with them as it uses an open source codec and not the MS official one.

I put an mp4 video to convert to .xmv and it gave an error. What do I do?

Personally I've never had any problem with .XMV when using XBMC v3.5.3, in fact it is usually .MP4 stuff which is at too high resolution for the Xbox to handle that causes me problems and I have to downscale. Getting that right sometimes takes specific conversion settings (VLC) depending on the original resolution.

However I've found simply using SPPV's XMV Converter tool often fixes it in one go and even if the resulting .XMV conversion is 100+MB, far bigger than the original .MP4 file size, it plays on XBMC with no problems.    

Edited by HDShadow