OGXbox.com

HDD raw copy TOOL 50 MB/S

JaKSLaP

Hi

I am trying to clone a drive using HDD Raw copy and getting very slow speeds 50 MB/s

Both a drives a WD Black 7200rpm. I have connected directly into my motherbaords sata 3 ports. I have tested the drives and get speeds above 100. Is this software limitation? If so is there any alternative? 

Thanks 

Try HDDSuperClone.

Edit: At first, I thought the HDD Raw Copy Tool was limited to 50MB/second with a version that could be purchased that removed the transfer rate limitation.  However, looking at the HDDGuru.com's website, it is the HDD LLF Low Level Format Tool with that limitation and a version available for purchase that removes the 50MB/second limitation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2022 at 9:53 PM, JaKSLaP said:

Thanks Chaos! 

Are those speeds normal though? 

50 MB/s is the fastest I've seen from HDD Raw Copy Tool, through USB, SATA, or from a disk image to physical disk so it's definitely a hard limit. I'm currently averaging 175 MB/s with HDDSuperClone though so thank you KaosEngineer for that one

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 4:33 AM, SoftMachine said:

50 MB/s is the fastest I've seen from HDD Raw Copy Tool, through USB, SATA, or from a disk image to physical disk so it's definitely a hard limit. I'm currently averaging 175 MB/s with HDDSuperClone though so thank you KaosEngineer for that one

How to set disk cloning from image in HDDSuperClone?

3 hours ago, Pawel said:

How to set disk cloning from image in HDDSuperClone?

In the menu, change the mode of operation:

Mode-->Generic source file – The source will be a file. When choosing the source, a file dialog will open.

Edit: I don't know if it will restore compressed disk images created with HDDGuru's HDD RAW Copy Tool.  It's a compressed disk image.

I'm not sure what happened to the DNS entry for hddsuperclone.com but there's no longer an entry for the domain name to access the site.  You have to access it using the full hostname of the website:

www.hddsuperclone.com

as I previously linked. 

A Bing search for HDDSuperClone shows up with a URL being hddsuperclone.com without the hostname www - www.hddsuperclone.com. (I know use Google, it's search result URL works since it has the hostname www included.)

I believe there was a DNS A record for both hddsuperclone.com and www.hddsuperclone.com that lead to the webpage.  Now it no longer works. :(

• 2 months later...
On 10/20/2022 at 10:52 AM, KaosEngineer said:

A Bing search for HDDSuperClone shows up with a URL being hddsuperclone.com without the hostname www - www.hddsuperclone.com. (I know use Google, it's search result URL works since it has the hostname www included.)

I believe there was a DNS A record for both hddsuperclone.com and www.hddsuperclone.com that lead to the webpage. 

Now it no longer works. :(

It's working again. However, the link for the download section is not on the homepage but accessed by clicking on the Hamburger icon at the upper left-hand corner of the web page. 

The downloads  area is available here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VhE9sRsqtG5S9uNt2qSuDR5vGtMKvpVQ

And, the Live CD versions (well DVD since it is larger than a CD can hold) are available here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11dKg1aioRwaGPtmyY2K2IxOfJEGxrmKd