OGXbox.com

Xecuter 3 switch bank alternatives?

Zerg

Hi, I managed to snipe an Xecuter 3 for about $100 and an LCD for it, but I'm missing the Bios bank that they usually come with. 

Is there a way to make a custom bank as an alternative or are there any dip switch banks that can imitate the same thing? 

Thanks!

16 hours ago, Zerg said:

Hi, I managed to snipe an Xecuter 3 for about $100 and an LCD for it, but I'm missing the Bios bank that they usually come with. 

Is there a way to make a custom bank as an alternative or are there any dip switch banks that can imitate the same thing? 

Thanks!

Without the bank selection panel connected, the modchip defaults to booting from the first 1MB bank (Bank 1234 of the 8 256KB Banks available) of the modchip.  This bank selection is where one generally installs the 1MB X3 BIOS.   You can install other BIOSes to the other 4 256KB banks 5, 6, 7 and 8 in various configurations:  4 separate 256KB BIOSes in these banks 5, 6, 7 and 8, 2 - 256KB BIOSes in banks 5 and 6 and  1 512KB BIOS in Bank 78, 1 512KB BIOS in Bank 56 and 2  256KB BIOSes in banks 7 and 8 or 1 1MB BIOS in Bank 5678.

Leave the X3Config LIve enabled on startup then you can select which modified Xbox BIOS to boot from with the BIOS Select menu.  With the bank select switch present and X3 Config Live disabled on startup, the DIP switches on it select which bank's BIOS to boot.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Prehistoricman said:

Yeah you can make your own. It's just a PCB with switches and LEDs. Hardest parts are the cable and the vanity cover. If you find out what connectors and crimps are used, let me know because mine has some dodgy wires.

This is a wiring diagram I found online. The LEDs may require series resistors, not sure.

image.thumb.jpeg.41d57a61e34f1909f70f84cfd05c2742.jpeg

Whoa, you're the famous 1.6 RAM upgrade guy! I plan on implementing your discoveries onto my own project.

I'll definitely look into making my own with the schematic you provided. Thanks.

• Like 1