OGXbox.com

OGX360i-4CH :)

dtomcat

Working on some 360i’s. If it works out… I’ll be posting better documentation so others can make them. Took a lot of homework studying the schematics to be able to build these :)  

Only have the main boards built so far.  Still need to make the daughter boards and wire harnesses. 

2D750EBF-8A26-4A57-A49B-237544FB8B1B.jpeg

7FCCDC7F-0365-4818-B199-D3C870CFF11A.jpeg

57730105-617C-4F49-9D35-F9B7EFA41619.jpeg

• Like 4

Some documentation would be great.  The details on making the internal 2CH/4CH are pretty slim.  I started the process of making the 2CH however I hit a snag with burning the boot loaders onto the Atmega32u4's.

I am curious how you are burning the boot loaders in your setup.  My understanding is that you could transplant the 32u4's from existing Arduino's or you can use a clamshell adapter/ breadboard setup to program individual 32u4's on their own.

I am using these two pages as a reference:

https://murchlabs.com/monday-experiment-bootloading-an-atmega32u4-with-arduino/

https://electronut.in/bootloader-atmega32u4/

The main difference with my setup is that I am using the clamshell adapter instead of a breakout board.  Here is a video of similar situation for a 328p:

On 9/12/2022 at 5:01 PM, booyabeetz said:

Yup. Thats exactly what I need to see.  Maybe I am not that far off.  Here is what my rig looks like right now.  I have changed it several times trying to get it to work:

image.thumb.jpeg.899af421316472587d64bfb11b8444ca.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a6dcf4f08589093783af06ac5ae76b06.jpeg

IMG_3046 Large.jpeg

Just thought of something.   A lot of these clamshell adapters have messed up pin numbering.   So chip pin one is like pin 5 or 6 on my adapter.  Did you account for this?   That may be your issue 

On 9/18/2022 at 3:37 AM, Dtomcat18 said:

Just thought of something.   A lot of these clamshell adapters have messed up pin numbering.   So chip pin one is like pin 5 or 6 on my adapter.  Did you account for this?   That may be your issue 

Yikes, I never considered that as a possibility.  I guess I will have to check everything with a multimeter.  Thank you for the heads up.

1 hour ago, Dtomcat18 said:

Did you ever check the pins.  Looks like same adapter I used and I bet the pins are off

Thank you for the reminder.  I just beeped out a handful right now with a multimeter and its exactly like you suggested.  The numbering for the pins on the chip and the numbering for the pins on the adapter are completely different.  What a mess.  Now I see why you designed your PCB to mate with the clamshell directly.

Success!   All the boards are working :)  What a relief.   Just have to get the rest of the harnesses complete and ship them to the buyer!

I did find one wiring issue (had a 50/50 chance of getting it right... and of course I didn't).  After making that change, everything is working!  After I get these out the door, I'll fork the Github and update it with my findings.  I'll make a BOM, wire harness guidelines/schematic, etc.  Once it's up, I'll post here... probably at least a month out.

4 hours ago, Dtomcat18 said:

Success!   All the boards are working :)  What a relief.   Just have to get the rest of the harnesses complete and ship them to the buyer!

I did find one wiring issue (had a 50/50 chance of getting it right... and of course I didn't).  After making that change, everything is working!  After I get these out the door, I'll fork the Github and update it with my findings.  I'll make a BOM, wire harness guidelines/schematic, etc.  Once it's up, I'll post here... probably at least a month out.

That's great news.  The wiring harness stuff is another area that I am completely unfamiliar with.  Getting some additional documentation on this would be a huge deal.