OGXbox.com

quick question flashing original bios

Lenox

On 8/23/2022 at 6:28 PM, Lenox said:

i meant removing the chip, i just want the og bios either on the modchip or the tsop

OK.

To flash the TSOP in the Xbox, you'll need to remove the modchip, softmod or use @sweetdarkdestiny's OGXbox 2021 XBlastOS MC TSOP Flasher to flash the stock BIOS back to the TSOP. 

After flashing, if complete softmod install was done; not OGXbox 2021 XBlastOS 8MB MC TSOP Flasher; uninstall the softmod, then reinstall the modchip.

With the following app, you will need to add the correct stock BIOS dot bin file for your Xbox version to it.  (Edit: Oh wait, the PRO  DEV version includes the stock BIOS versions. Flash the correct one for the Xbox version to your Xbox TSOP - see Table below.)

Table 3.5 BIOS Kernel Versions

Xbox Revision

Kernel Version

1.2–1.5

Source: https://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=367210&seqNum=2

Edit: Reworded content 08/24/2022 10:53 p.m.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 6:28 PM, Lenox said:

i meant removing the chip, i just want the og bios either on the modchip or the tsop

Wait, is your Xbox's TSOP flashed with a modified Xbox BIOS?   

When you remove the modchip, a replacement dashboard still starts up, not the stock Xbox dashboard?

If so, use Evoxdash to flash the correct stock BIOS to it then reinstall the modchip.

• 3 weeks later...

They original BIOSes are available from the xbins FTP server or the mirroring web site in the subfolder:

• Console Based Applications / bios / original /.

Make sure you use the correct original BIOS version for your Xbox revision. 

Sometimes one can find the original BIOS version printed on a sticker stuck on the hard drive or somewhere on the motherboard.  Not all xboxes have such lableling inside so you need to find the version compatible with your motherboard. 

Which version is yours?

BIOS Kernel Versions

Xbox Revision

Kernel Version

3944,4034,4132, 4627

1.2–1.4

NOTE: I'm not sure that all the BIOS versions listed in this row work across all  the motherboard revisions. 

V1.2 and v1.3 motherboards have a Conexant encoder while V1.4 has a Focus video encoder.

• 3 months later...
On 9/13/2022 at 2:04 AM, KaosEngineer said:

They original BIOSes are available from the xbins FTP server or the mirroring web site in the subfolder:

• Console Based Applications / bios / original /.

Make sure you use the correct original BIOS version for your Xbox revision. 

Sometimes one can find the original BIOS version printed on a sticker stuck on the hard drive or somewhere on the motherboard.  Not all xboxes have such lableling inside so you need to find the version compatible with your motherboard. 

Which version is yours?

BIOS Kernel Versions

Xbox Revision

Kernel Version

3944,4034,4132, 4627

1.2–1.4

NOTE: I'm not sure that all the BIOS versions listed in this row work across all  the motherboard revisions. 

V1.2 and v1.3 motherboards have a Conexant encoder while V1.4 has a Focus video encoder.

Thank you so much!