Sign in to follow this  
michael24h

Original XBox 1.4v Red Light

Hello gents

This afternoon I received original Xbox 1.4 purchase from eBay. I turned it on. And stayed on for about 30min. Then I when head with Tsop. After that I run this Xbox for few hours. Transfer ninja pack, and enjoyed games for some time. Turn back on after dinner and red light start flashing.

Normally I would say over heating, but I'm not sure.

Could be eeprom as well, 8 pin chip next to bios.

And a suggestion please ?

Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

From an old tech document, I see the LED ring ORANGE flashing and read elsewhere that the exhaust fan speeds up as an overheating indicator.  RED flashing - config EEPROM corrupt.

LED Color Coded Fault Indicators

5bed1588c7374_XboxLEDErrorIndications.png.1913d211d2e79e9934cc9a89ebb14f61.png

(Update: So much for markdown, trying BBCode next.

Not that either, okay I'll add a graphic image of the table.

Eureka!

ADMINs, add a more complete editor capability toolbar also remove or move the right-hand sidebar for Similar Content. 

If moved, I suggest placing it at the bottom of the page so the entire width can be used for presentation of a post's content and view of the wider editor toolbar.)

Edited by KaosEngineer
  • Like 1

Then I need eeprom reader. I think hat might be easier way to go ahead. Or unless you guys got different suggestion
I hope eeprom chip it's only corrupted not not dead.
Do anyone know if eeprom chip it's same cross original Xbox 1.0 - 1.5 v.
Thanks

I think it's the same across all Xbox v1.0-1.5 models, U7C2:

Rohm 24C02

The v1.6 EEPROM, U7D1, is labeled L02 not sure of the vendor: Rohm, MicroChip, other - BR24L02. It too is an 8-pin 2-Kbit (256 x 8 bit aka 256 bytes) I2C 2-wire serial bus interface EEPROM. 

However, I think they are all interchangeable across all versions of the Xbox.

Edited by KaosEngineer
  • Like 1

I ordered bits already for making eeprom reder.
But that should be possible read aswell with Rpi
Correct me if I'm wrong or I'm missing something
Thanks

Sorry for the long delay in responding, missed your reply posted.

Yes, you can use an RPi and PiPROM software to read/write the Xbox's configuration EEPROM.

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by KaosEngineer
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

• By NeTaXe
      Hi guys, unfortunately I will have to sell my precious Xbox with X3, X3CP, etc.
      It's in great conditions and works well. It comes with;
      Xecuter 3 chip installed Xecuter 3 panel X3CP with LCD screen 160GB harddisk with XBMC en CoinOPS installed Component and composite video cable Controller and extension cord Xbox remote Please see pictures attached for details.
      Asking 350 euro excluding shipping from the Netherlands.
      Cheers!
      Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment. Please login or register to see this attachment.
    • By SlimBoy
      I have a version 1.4 xbox that was TSOP modded with X2 4983.67 bios and 750gb IDE hard drive. I have flashed IND-5004.67 bios to it and now it does not see the G partition. I have tried to re-partition the drive to no avail, it will not see the G partition. If I boot the HEXEN 2018 disk it sees the G partition or if I re-flash the X2 bios it will also see the G partition. I am at a loss to what the problem I have is? Has anyone had this problem before. Thanks.
    • By Bigdddydee
      Is there a link to the installation process of the Origins game pack that has been going around which is a 1.7TB HDD image?
      all I am seeing is  that you need a program to clone the HDD But no other information beyond that. What do I actually do with it? How would I clone it to my Xbox HDD when I have smaller size partitions, does the program just split it? 
      The Origins Game pack  I am referring to is the ArcadePunks HDD image file that many people are using.
      thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.