OGXbox.com

dead s-type controller

Fredoias

Does the s-type controller have a replaceable fuse. I bought on for parts but it seems in better condition that the one I was planning to repair. I primarily bought it for the cord so I could replace the cord on my original that lost a fight with my wife's vacuum cleaner.

The cord continuity is good and the breakaway test good on my other controllers. I was hoping there was a fuse that may save it's life.

I looked at the pcb under a magnifying glass and see no cold solder joints, but I will reflow them any ways if the controller can be salvaged. If it is dead I will salvage the cord as originally planned.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 7:28 PM, Fredoias said:

Does the s-type controller have a replaceable fuse. I bought on for parts but it seems in better condition that the one I was planning to repair. I primarily bought it for the cord so I could replace the cord on my original that lost a fight with my wife's vacuum cleaner.

The cord continuity is good and the breakaway test good on my other controllers. I was hoping there was a fuse that may save it's life.

I looked at the pcb under a magnifying glass and see no cold solder joints, but I will reflow them any ways if the controller can be salvaged. If it is dead I will salvage the cord as originally planned.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I bought some lots of broken controllers and I have a few of these and haven't checked for fuses.  One I dropped and no power after :( = I'm actually working on some now.  I will let you know if I figure these out.  Most usually need a cord, breakaway cable or clean off liquid damage if any.  Not these dead ones.

• Like 1

Thanks. I checked the caps and looked for a missing resistors and anything else that may have given up  the ghost. I just thought I was missing something simple.  I do have a nice shell if I get something crappy in the future.

Edited by Fredoias
  • Like 1