OGXbox.com

Executer 2.6 ce uninstall

Craiguk

Okay I've just been reunited with my Crystal Xbox after 14 years in my mums loft 😎

I has the 2.6 Modchip, HDD upgrade but the switch board is missing from the front leaving just the cable hanging. 

I'm guessing it's going to be impossible to find one and can't find info on making a custom one, so can I remove the mod chip and soft mod it. 

Many thanks 👍

3 hours ago, Craiguk said:

Okay I've just been reunited with my Crystal Xbox after 14 years in my mums loft 😎

I has the 2.6 Modchip, HDD upgrade but the switch board is missing from the front leaving just the cable hanging. 

I'm guessing it's going to be impossible to find one and can't find info on making a custom one, so can I remove the mod chip and soft mod it. 

Many thanks 👍

If its not a v1.6 motherboard then why not just flash the TSOP instead of softmodding. That way you still have the advantages of a hardmod. 

Just now, nikeymikey said:

If its not a v1.6 motherboard then why not just flash the TSOP instead of softmodding. That way you still have the advantages of a hardmod. 

Awesome I'll take a look when I get home, but uninstalling the mod chip would make it FRAG right as it has an upgraded HDD and ata133 cable. 

Brilliant it kind of boots but goes no further than the photo 🙄

I followed this and twisted the same wires, even tried disconnecting pin 8 still same result. 

Do I need to ground pin 7 wire to something it mentions something about d0 but I'm just not sure... See below it mentions it.... 

1- HDD LED +ve
2- LAN LED +ve
3- Common +ve
4- Modchip power in
5- Ground
6- Flash Protect
7- Chip enable/D0
8- Bank 1 select

To power the chip you need to connect pins 3-4

To enable the modchip as the default boot bios you need to ground pin 7 (D0) and generally pin 8 to select Bank 1

All the LEDs are powered by pins 3 and 5 and use an inline 220k resistor.

eg. For my setup - boot off the chip, flash protect, and using bank 1
I connect 3-4 and 5-6-7-8
For Bank 2 you just disconnect pin 8

PXL_20220811_151141900.jpg

7 hours ago, Craiguk said:

Brilliant it kind of boots but goes no further than the photo 🙄

I followed this and twisted the same wires, even tried disconnecting pin 8 still same result. 

Do I need to ground pin 7 wire to something it mentions something about d0 but I'm just not sure... See below it mentions it.... 

1- HDD LED +ve
2- LAN LED +ve
3- Common +ve
4- Modchip power in
5- Ground
6- Flash Protect
7- Chip enable/D0
8- Bank 1 select

To power the chip you need to connect pins 3-4

To enable the modchip as the default boot bios you need to ground pin 7 (D0) and generally pin 8 to select Bank 1

All the LEDs are powered by pins 3 and 5 and use an inline 220k resistor.

eg. For my setup - boot off the chip, flash protect, and using bank 1
I connect 3-4 and 5-6-7-8
For Bank 2 you just disconnect pin 8

PXL_20220811_151141900.jpg

The diagram in the post above you has the pinout exactly opposite from what you posted. Pin1 is bank1, not HDD+.

9 hours ago, Yoinx said:

The diagram in the post above you has the pinout exactly opposite from what you posted. Pin1 is bank1, not HDD+.

True but the Modchip powers up,  Xbox boots and hangs just before the Microsoft word appears bottom of the screen,  any idea about the d0 I asked about please.