OGXbox.com

Original Xbox replacing Fan and flashing new bios.

serge85

Hello Guys.

I need some advice.

I have a Xbox 1.4 with a windbond chip that I TSOPed a few years ago using a Hexen disk, I don't remember exactly the bios that was flashed, but when I turn on the xbox the evoX logo comes up, so I'm gonna guess my xbox has a m8 plus.

The console works fine, but the fan is very noisy (it's a Sunon), so today I disassembled the xbox, replaced the thermal paste in both gpu and cpu (i've gained like 5 degrees), cleaned and oiled the fan and...it's still very very noisy and loud.

So, I've been looking for a replacement fan, and found that people recommend the "Nexus 70mm Real Silent Case Fan".

But, they also recommend to up the fan speed (to 40% I think) because by default, it won't cool the console as the stock fan does.

To do that, ¿I should flash a new Bios right? the m8 plus using EVtools and selecting 40% fan speed? something like this:image.png.680cc24fb57cf24296618595e75df788.png

My DVD drive is dead, so I can't use Hexen, or the OGXBOX Installer, but I can FTP to the console. Any advice on flashing a windbond chip?

Thank you so much for your time.

Yes, change the fan speed with EVTool.

You can flash it using either the Evoxdash or XBlastOS XBE edition.

What is the kernel version of the BIOS that boots the console?

When you run UnleashX you can find it on the System Info page - Pres (Y) to display it.

Or, in the Evoxdash's System Settings menu, you can find the kernel version.  Some Evoxdash skins also show the BIOS name and kernel version on the screen.

The name may show Unknown since there's no matching MD5 hash entry found to ID it in the evox.ini settings file.  However, the kernel version number will still be printed for it.

• Like 1

Hello KaosEngineer.

the evoxdash system says:

BIOS: Evox M8+ 137HeXEn

Kernel: 1.00.5838.01

Is that all right?

So, my plan will be:

1-Order the replacement fan.

2- Use the "Evoxm8plus.bin" that comes with the OGXbox Installer 2021 DVD, plus EvTOOLS to adjust fan speed to 40%

3- FTP Xblast to C:,  the .xbe to F:APPS/Xblast and the modified bios to C:BIOS

4-Run Xblast and have fun?

Is that all right, or I am missing something?

Once again, thank you very much.