OGXbox.com

Dual CPU Heatsink Mod

sweetdarkdestiny

So, since everyone has 3d printers now days (except me) and doing no longer real craftsmanship *LÖL* (Just kidding guys) and little me already thought a long time about doing this mod, I like to show you a work in progress (~75% done).  The CPU heatsink fits nice and snug on the GPU (Less movement as on the CPU). 

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/YlyDcjF

And the last pic shows a final heatsink with slightly trimmed cooling fins and 50mm cooler on top. At the end both of the cpu heatsinks will look like this (Taken that pic of one of my slim builds).

And yea, it's for my next slim build which I biuld for my own. 

Let me know what you guys think and what you belive could be done better. 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

So, since everyone has 3d printers now days (except me) and doing no longer real craftsmanship *LÖL* (Just kidding guys) and little me already thought a long time about doing this mod, I like to show you a work in progress (~75% done).  The CPU heatsink fits nice and snug on the GPU (Less movement as on the CPU). 

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/YlyDcjF

And the last pic shows a final heatsink with slightly trimmed cooling fins and 50mm cooler on top. At the end both of the cpu heatsinks will look like this (Taken that pic of one of my slim builds).

And yea, it's for my next slim build which I biuld for my own. 

Let me know what you guys think and what you belive could be done better. 

Very Nice!

1 hour ago, SakisTheDrifter said:

I would be really interented in that, if there would be a way to reassemble the xbox with the dvd drive inside afterwards

Thats impossible. You would need to cut off the cpu head sink to the hight of the old gpu one and even then you need a Thomson or HL drive (Philips drive would not be fit because of thing under it),

One thing I'm planig to do is water cooling. I have an old unused cooper dual hdd watercooler here which fits perfect both GPU & CPU and would go under the Philips drive. Comes time, comes mod. ;)